We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

Okay Experts, we have been to Branson a few times and next weekend heading back down. Any suggestions on the best show for a 4 year old?? I was thinking something magic or the acrobats...has anyone seen these? I am not sure if Jim Stafford will really hold his interest! Dixie Stampede is out because he wont eat what they serve.

Also, where is the best place to buy tix? At the show or can we find them cheaper?

Thanks for any insight!

KansasCIty
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

I have a 4yr old we have ordered City Hopper tickets, we will be going to Silver Dollar City, Celebration City, Branson Belle ("arobatic" noon show) and Dixie Stampede. With the city hopper pass we got 50% off adult tickets, an extra $5 off Dixie Stampede and will be able to come and go to the parks as we desire. Check out the city hopper passes!

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

Great idea! Thanks!!

Kimberling City...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

Hi! My husband and I and our two kids (ages 2 and 3) went to the Sahnghai Circus two months ago. We all absolutely loved it. The acrobats and music really kept the kids entertained. I am sure your 4 year old would be quite mesmerized by it too. I have had good luck getting decent tickets off www.reservebranson.com You can usually find some decent discounts. You pay for the tickets online and then pick them up at the theater box office.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Branson!

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

Thanks! I was hoping to get some feedback on the acrobat circus show. I am going to check out your tip as well for tx.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUGGESTIONS!!

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

We also took our kids to see the Chinese Acrobats last year. Their ages were 9 and 4 at the time, and they both really enjoyed it. My husband and I did, too! ReserveBranson.com is a great place to get your tickets at a discounted price. You should also check out Ride the Ducks. You would all get a kick out of it. The captains are all very entertaining.

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

I checked out ReserveBranson.com and we will save $12 buying through them.

Thanks for the heads up!

Kimberling City...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

I am glad to hear that you're going to be saving money by going through reservebranson.com. Some people say Branson can get kind of expensive, but I think that there's so much variety in activities that you can go to Branson on any kind of budget!

www.vrbo.com/179871

Columbia, MO
Level Contributor
10 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

Just wanted to add my two cents about branson, I have a two year old. I was thinking about these sights: Butterfly Palace; The Branson Railroad excursion; Dixie Stampede and Ride The Ducks.

We were down last weekend, just for a day and did the Ducks and my 2 yr old LOVED it. He got to drive the Duck in Taneycomo.

And after reading some other reviews, I actually might advocate for doing the Ducks on the Strip. taneycomo was nice, but Tablerock might be a lot better.

There also looked to be a mini-amusement park called Kids Kountry across from the Andy Williams/Grand Palace area. I did not have time to check it out.

On the way down to Branson (just north of Ozark- Lamberts Cafe exit) stop by a Branson Visitor Center and get a Map... the one we received had nothing but tons of coupons on the back. (including free rides at Kids Kountry)

There is also a website that if you stop at the branson ticket outlet before arriving in Branson on 65 - they will refund you 20c a gallon for gas.

bransontourismcenter.com/gascouponsanddiscou…

Have fun.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Level Contributor
161 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

I agree the Acrobats is a great show and will probably keep a 4 yo interested since it is fast paced and changing on stage all the time. Also, the Ducks are a fun ride and I suggest you do the one onto Tablerock instead of on Taneycomo. Tablerock Ducks are on 76 right next to Walmart. Taneycomo's leave from Branson landing. The views from Taneycomo's duck rides are the back of the landing's buildings. Are you only doing one show with your child? I've heard, but not seen, that Noah the Musical is very good for kids/families. Also, Amazing Pets might be interesting but I've not seen it. I have had great success getting good discount by purchasing from missouribargains.com & bigriverbargains.com Click on the entertainment then Branson links. These are usually vouchers purchased a great discounts that you take to the box office and they exchange for a ticket. They're very reputable. Also, there is a store in branson called 2 for 1. It IS NOT time share related. Unless you want the time share pitches, don't stop at any of the ticket booths along the roads. 2 for 1 info is found here:

http://branson2for1tickets.com/index.html

Have fun!

10. Re: BEST show for 4 year old & BEST place to buy tickets??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Branson