We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Temple
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

We are planning a trip to Branson and have two times available. We can be there the Saturday and Sunday night before Thanksgiving or go in mid-June. Which will be less crowded? What would you reccommend? Thanks in advance!

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

I think both will be equally crowded. Possibly a slightly bigger crowd in November. If you're looking for colder weather and lots of Christmas atmosphere, go in November. If you're going to SDC, all the water rides will be closed and if the temperature drops below 40 most of the rides will stop running too. But the Christmas decorations and programs are outstanding. If you're looking for nice warm weather then stick to June. I normally go 5 to 6 times a year starting in March and ending in November. Staying on a Sunday night definitely helps with the crowds in November. We normally go the second weekend(Sat and Sun night) in November for the Christmas Festival. If you're picking November remember with the weather here..it's kind of hit and miss. We've been when it was in the 60's and all we wore were t-shirts and jeans and a year later (going around the same time_ we've had 4 - 7 inches of snow to deal with. Longs john, hats and winter coats! With June it's pretty much shorts and t-shirt unless we're experiencing a rare cold front. All the roller coaster will be running and the water rides too. Both are equally fun, just different kinds.

Temple
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

Thanks for the great info!

Temple
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

Ok, let me add a third possible option: Spring Break in March. How does that compare?

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

Well up until last year, I would have said definitely..small crowds. SDC has only had spring break for a few years now and it seems each year the crowds grow. Last year it was terrible.. we stayed on Indian Point Road so we had an easy entrance into the park. Those coming from Branson had a two hour wait! We went on a Thursday/Friday. As for the weather same, it's the same as November. Last year we had on jeans and a t-shirt, then went three weeks later for the World fest and it was 21 degrees out! It's not stopping me from going again next year though.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

Not sure what all you're wanting to include in your Branson trip, but as far as Spring Break time goes, you might find that several shows have not yet opened. Be sure and check the Silver Dollar City schedule then too, as it may not yet be open on a daily basis. Week ends should be open. And the weather may still be 'ify' ---- might be a nice, early summer week end, or it might be a nasty, late winter one! You never know in Missouri!

keyboardguy
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

My family was in branson the weekend before thanksgiving last year and it was great. We went to Silver Dollar City and the crowds were very light. We got lucky and the temps were in the mid 70's so all of the rides except the water rides were running and there were nearly no lines. It did get a little crowded towards sundown when the parade started. As far as the rest of branson, I think that it was not as crowded as it would be in June, but that is just my opinion.

Temple
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

Again, thanks for the responses. This forum is great. We are leaning towards spring break or summer now. As far as what we want to do, mainly just a couple of shows, see the city, etc., probably not Silver Dollar City, but you never know.

8. Re: How crowded? (the weekend before Thanksgiving)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 10:19