We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodge of the Ozarks

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Lodge of the Ozarks

Has anyone stayed at the Lodge of the Ozarks recently? My wife, ten year old son and I will be staying in Branson for a week in August and we're looking for a nice place to stay. A friend suggested the Lodge of the Ozarks, but they haven't been there in years. I know pictures can be deceiving so I'm looking for a more recent honest review. My wife is very picky and expects a very clean and nice hotel. I don't want to spend a ton of money and find out that the place used to be nice way back when.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Beebe, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodge of the Ozarks

I have read some good reviews, a few iffy ones..

I have not stayed there in a long time,.

But , I can recommend a couple of other places that are super clean..

Green mountain inn, is a good place, the owner is super nice..

www.gmiofbranson.com

And there are three sister hotels that are super clean that have a 22 item breakfast and ice cream and cobbler in the evenings that are good , super clean places..

www.whisperinghillsinn.com

www.savannahhousebranson.com

www.bransonsbest.com

Have you thought of trying a condo??

There is a wonderful resort called huntersfriend,

it has a motel, cotteges, and beautiful condo's

The owners are top notch people, it is out on indian point.

www.huntersfriendresort.com

With a condo, you have more room to breath .

If you are there for a week, it helps to have a washer and dryer, and a kitchen.

Here is a good web site for more info, check out the forums.

www.1branson.com

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodge of the Ozarks

Thanks for your help. I'll be sure to look into them all. I still would be interested in anyone that has been to the Lodge of the Ozarks lately.

Ron

myrtle beach, sc
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodge of the Ozarks

I am currently at Lodge of the Ozarks..The hotel is okay, nothing great. I am here on a business trip and don't think I would have stayed here if the conference was not here..

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodge of the Ozarks

Thanks for the reply while you're staying there. Can I ask, is it clean? Are the beds comfortable?

We're able to get a major discount so that is the reason we're thinking of staying there.

Ron

myrtle beach, sc
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodge of the Ozarks

yes the rooms are clean, the carpets old, some cigarette burns in them.. the beds are okay not hard, slept good for the 4 nights i was there

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
776 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodge of the Ozarks

I stayed at Lodge of the Ozarks about 4 years ago. It was 'ok'. My recommendation would be Savannah House. We stayed there twice last year, and have reservations again in a couple of weeks. Not on the Strip, but close by. Very modern, updated rooms. Exceptionally clean, comfortable beds, they serve a better than usual 'free breakfast' ---- biscuits/gravy, cereal, pastries, juice, coffee, toast, scrambled eggs ---- all the usual breakfast foods. In the evenings they serve hot, fresh baked cobbler, ice cream and cookies. Very nice hospitality room. Not sure about the August rates, but I know they are very reasonable, and some higher priced hotels are not as nice as Savannah House.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Savannah House and I would rate it a notch or 2 better than the Lodge of the Ozarks (when I stayed there!)

7. Re: Lodge of the Ozarks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 05:28