We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Hills/Branson Trip

St. Louis Missouri
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Hills/Branson Trip

We are planning a trip to Branson and have booked a condo at the Holiday Hills Resort. We are going in June for my daughter's nationals dance competition and are looking for things to do as a family while there. I really want to stay away from the hard sales pitches that I hear so much about. Any advice on places to visit?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Hills/Branson Trip

Avoid the people in booths at the stores and restaurants offering free and discounted tickets for a tour. Doing so you will avoid the “high pressure sales” for timeshares and vacation clubs. Also on Branson Landing, avoid the “Branson Visitor Information Centers” located there. They are actually timeshare sales through Westgate Resorts.

As far as what to do at the Landing between competitions, check out the shopping & dining opportunities. They may have some mini shows and performers on the Landing mall to watch. Walk the boardwalk along the lake, hop on the free trolley tour to the historical downtown Branson for some nice history about the area, check out the shops there also, especially Dicks 5 and Dime. The 5 and Dime on the Landing is just a sampling of the real deal in the historical downtown so don’t miss it. Branson Landing Cruises has tours along with Ride the Ducks. (FYI, another Ride the Ducks found on the strip.) For sure your kids should like Ride the Ducks and the other 2 depend on ages/tastes. Take in the free water & fire show. This multi million dollar show is synchronized to music.

You may want to read my post under “recommend shows for 17yr old & table rock lake condos”. It lists a lot of things to do in Branson and the Tri Lakes area.

St. Louis Missouri
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Hills/Branson Trip

Thanks for the info, have you been to the Titanic exhibit? That was one of the places my daughter wants to see. We will also try the Ducks, I think they would appreciate seeing the lake. We have a place at Lake of the Ozarks and rarely get to see undeveloped shore lines.

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Hills/Branson Trip

The Titanic exhibit is a great exhibit. Especially if you or your family is into history at all. There are quite a few "hands on" exhibits and a lot of exhibits that get the viewer "involved"

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Hills/Branson Trip

The Titanic exhibit for some kids is very boring. Depends on their ages and how interested they are about the Titanic. Some young girls are disappointed because they are tied up with the romance of the movie and don’t grasp this is a museum. As posted above, this is great if they are into history. Also some are upset because the artifacts were not brought up from the bottom of the ocean. Unless they have changed it recently, I would not call it real involved. Each person will find out if the passenger they were assigned lived or died. Many say it is a must see attraction while others are disappointed. If you go, be sure and ask about their family pass.

For fun at home, go to the Titanic’s website and check out the webcam of the strip. You can view the ship and even zoom in and check out the gas prices across the street.

5. Re: Holiday Hills/Branson Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 12:20