We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Courtmantravels
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

My son and I are considering staying in Branson March 18 - 21 or 22. We are looking for a nice, clean place that has direct or very close access to fishing, yet not to far from the action of Branson. Appreciate any suggestions. We are also looking for good rates.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

We have stayed at Fall Creek Resort a few times and by the condo we stay in, there is actually a little marina where you can fish off the dock there. Here is a link:

http://www.fallcreekresort.com/

I'm not for sure what the prices are running but they are mostly condos and it's a nice place to stay. You can call them and ask for rental reservations and tell them you are not in a timeshare. They can give you prices of different types of rooms and condos.

They also have an indoor pool, miniature golf, shuffleboard, basketball, etc. The little marina is nice. We took our boys down there and there are picnic tables and you just put your line in right there. You can clean your fish there too. I think they were catching trout. You can also rent boats there too for a reasonable price. It's located on Lake Taneycomo. Looks more like a river to me but its a lake.

Hope this helps you a little!

Beebe, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

There are a couple of resorts on indian point,

Try huntersfriend.

They have great rates, and Are near the lake..

http://www.huntersfriendresort.com/

It is on the lake and near the strip and silver dollar city...

You could also try www.vrbo.com

And search thru the owner rentals,,

Branson west would be a bit of a drive, but not to bad...

Courtmantravels
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

Thanks for the info. I looked at the Hunter's Friend Resort website. Very intriguing, and it looks like great price with direct lake access. Have you stayed in the Kitchenette's? It looks like they are the older units. All of the reviews appear extremely positive.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

I haven't stayed there, on the 1branson.com forum, but it normally is the place most posters recommend.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

Hunters Friend is an excellent choice for Table Rock Lake stays. On Indian Pointe, just west of Branson.

If you want Lake Taneycomo with a resort and marina, Lilley's Landing is your best bet. http://www.lilleyslanding.com/ Right off Fall Creek Road.

Fall Creek Resort (Diamond Resort) was mentioned for Lake Taneycomo. But the marina was destroyed during last year's flooding. It has not been rebuilt.

Beebe, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

Taneycomo great fishing for trout, Tables rock for other kinds,,

HUntersfriends kitchenettes are older, But super clean.

The owners are great people..

The condo's are super clean and very new,,,,,,,,

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

We like to book places with fishing right in front of our cabin. Last year we stayed at Thunderhead Point at Big Cedar Wilderness lodge. This is in Ridgedale (20 minutes from Branson). These (The Thunderhead Point cabins) are the only cabins with direct fishing access at Big Cedar Lodge as far as we could tell, and they were great. One morning my son caught two big bass from the shore right in front of our place. We had a view of Table Rock and could walk right down from our porch. These 1/2 duplexes and cabins are also considerably less expensive than the other Big Cedar cabins because they are not as fancy. They are all recently remodeled, though so are quite nice. This resort offers quite a few other ammenities too. Here's a link to my review from our trip last May. Our price was about $135 a night. They don't show these online. You have to book these by phone. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g44844-d1818…

This year (smaller budget for our long weekend -- three nights) we're trying a little family owned place in Kimberling City (The Kimberling Oaks Resort). Haven't been there yet, but fishing from our studio with kitchette is just 80 feet away and they have boat slips and rentals, etc. Kimberling City is about 20-25 from Branson also. This offers fewer ammenities than Big Cedar and has a lower price tag. There is a pool (outside only) that is only open from Memorial to Labor Day. A studio in May runs $80 a night.

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

As a note on Fall Creek Resort: The marina and dock is no longer there. It was damaged last year by the very rare, but very high water.

It really depends on what you want to fish for. If you dont care and want the opportunity to catch more fish (especially if you are fishing from a dock or the bank) then I would fish Taneycomo and DEFINITELY go to lilley's landing.

If you only want to fish for warmer water species (bass, bluegill, crappie, etc) then look into hunters friend as suggested.

I am an avid fisherman and have lived in Branson for over 20 years...that is my two cents worth.

Wentzville Mo
Level Contributor
24 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

You can't beat Big Cedar Lodge. Besides being the most beautiful place to stay the fishing is wonderful. Just call the van and they take you anywhere you want to go on the site. Fishing, horseback riding, restaurants. It is a wonderful place to stay.

Courtmantravels
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a good place to stay with fishing access

Thank you all. We decided on Lilley's Landing. We fished from their last year during the week of the great flood of Branson. I will report how it goes. It looks like they fill up fast. I got the last avaiable room for our time period.