We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson at Christmas

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
407 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Branson at Christmas

Would Branson be a suggested destination for Christmas for a family ranging in age from 7 to 79? None of us have been to Branson, and we all enjoy live theatre. In addition to shows, what other activities could we enjoy during Christmas? Is Branson busy during Christmas? Thank you!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Branson at Christmas

With all of the shopping, Branson is a perfect place to find your Christmas treasures. Most of the shows are Christmas themed. Either the whole show or part of it. Silver Dollar City Theme Park http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com has been featured as one of the top destinations in the USA for Christmas lights in the USA. You may have seen them last year on the Travel Channel or on Good Morning America. Even though we see the lights and trees at Silver Dollar City yearly, each year it amazes me when I see the millions of lights. The town square has 1,000,000 lights alone. Of course, they change their shows to the Christmas theme also. The whole tri-lakes area puts on a Christmas welcome wagon so everyone is in the mood.

As far as crowds, the weather has a lot to do with it. For sure, the 1st weekend in Novemeber and Thanksgiving weekend will be full. Last year they had some record weekend crowds in December.

They start Christma the 1st weekend in November. FYI, some of the shows end mid December but if you come later, you’ll still find plenty to do. Just check the schedules so if you have a must see show it will be open while you are there.

I hear those jiggle bells already……….. ho ho ho!

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Branson at Christmas

lovemycondo pretty much said it all. We normally go the second weekend of November and it's packed. We switched to a Saturday to Monday schedule and that really seemed to help with the crowds. It's the perfect place for a family at Christmas. I think what I like best about Christmas in Branson is there's no political correctness.(?) Merry Christmas signs, Christmas trees and yes even "Manger scenes" are all over. We've been going since 1992.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Branson at Christmas

Christmas is so special at christmas,,

Make sure to try and see Andy Williams,,

Hands down one of the best Christmas shows,

And noah in the sight and sound theater is wonderful.

Nothing quite like it,,,,

Be glad to help find the right lodging,to fit your needs,,

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Branson at Christmas

If you go to the Sight and Sound theater mentioned above, for Christmas they are offering a new show called the Miracle of Christmas. Don't sit in the first few rows. The stage is in front and both sides so if you sit too close to the front you have to turn around to see everything.

Also even though it is winter, some of the mini golf places and go carts will be up and running outside. Also their is indoor mini golf and lazer tag along with indoor pools. The kids will have fun in Branson too.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Branson at Christmas

No better place to get 'in the Christmas spirit' than Branson! Silver Dollar City after dark is breath-taking. Other actiities? Missouri weather at Christmastime usually dictates that most outdoor venues are closed, except for Silver Dollar City! But there is the Titanic museum, the museum at the College of the Ozarks, lots of shopping, a couple of hotels have indoor water parks, a couple of wineries to tour and 'sample', the Roy Rogers/Dale Evans Museum, a magic 'show', Something for everyone in Branson!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
407 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Branson at Christmas

Thanks for the feedback! As for Silver Dollar City, it looks like they are closed except for the weekend around Christmas. And the Andy Williams show is not performing around Christmas. Can you please let me know where the indoor mini golf is located? Thank you!

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Branson at Christmas

Indoor mini golf is at the Grand Country complex on the 76 strip. They also have an indoor water park, and arcade room, good buffets, some shows on the property, a pizza buffet. Roomas are kind of pricey if you don't use the water park, and are just standard hotel rooms, nothing fancy.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Branson at Christmas

Another place for mini golf inside is the Branson Family Fun Factory. They have glow in the dark mini golf (4 themes) and lazer tag. Plenty of coupons around town in the free magazines and brochures or print off from their site http://www.bransonfamilyfunfactory.com.

Not on strip. About 3 miles south of the strip, off Hwy 165 (turn south at the Titanic), across from Welk theater.

Lots of other shows are also available though several close mid Dec. Many are more of a variety and high energy show than Andy's so the younger members of your family would likely prefer a different show anyway. Of course the members in their later years would love Andy.

FYI....If you come after the first weekend in Dec or so to Branson, the lodging prices tend to drop a lot. Not as much to see and do but you'll still keep busy with lots of fun things.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Branson at Christmas

Bump - I want tohear more about Christmas in Branson. We are getting close to Christmas 2009. I also ahve a ost on the subject but would like to see lots of advise...

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Branson at Christmas

Silver Dollar City has extended the dates they will be open in December. You'll find additional open dates added.

For more info about Branson's Ozark Mountain Christmas, go to www.1branson.com/forum and read the show and attraction threads from last November and December.