We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horizon by Marriott or Condo at Thousand Hills?

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Horizon by Marriott or Condo at Thousand Hills?

I would like to have someone's opinion on where to stay. There are four of us, all women, coming to Branson and we can't decide between Horizon by Marriott or a condo at Fairway at Thousand Hills for our stay? We are looking for comfortable & secure. Which should we choose & why?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Horizon by Marriott or Condo at Thousand Hills?

First I must say I’ve never stayed at either one. Both are located in similar locations, close to the strip but you will have traffic.

I was inside several of the Thousand Hills condos but that was 3 & 4 years ago when we were condo shopping so it’s been a while. The Marriot is a timeshare resort & rents out condos also. Everything is self contained, all together. Thousand Hills is best described as a combination of everything. You may be renting a timeshare, resort owned, a privately owned unit by manager or a privately owned unit by owner. They have cabins and condos. Thousand Hills is spread out and some amenities you’ll need to drive to. Since they have such a variety of areas and types, the amenities and furnishings are more varied within the resort so be sure to ask.

Also if steps are an issue, find out if you have an elevator. I would suggest you check out TA’s lodging section for reviews on both. When reviewing, keep in mind Thousand Hills units are all different and many posters don’t know realize the difference; including TA. So a review you are reading on Thousand Hills may not ever pertain to the unit you are renting. If you are renting directly from a “By Owner”, they should be able to provide you with reviews for their unit and their own hands on managing abilities.

You should be happy at both places. Having a kitchen & living room gives you your own private apartment to spread out in instead of sharing one or 2 hotel rooms. It will spoil you. Have fun in Branson.

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horizon by Marriott or Condo at Thousand Hills?

Thanks for the input! If you have any other info about Branson (best shows, best restaurants, best unique shops) please fill me in. This is a mother/daughter trip celebrating our mom's birthday! Thanks again!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horizon by Marriott or Condo at Thousand Hills?

Hi! I also haven't stayed at either one, but I have heard some really good things about Horizons by Marriott. You should go to www.1branson.com and post your question on the forum there. There are lots of really knowledgeable people and many locals who have really good advice........

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Horizon by Marriott or Condo at Thousand Hills?

I noticed you found the 1branson forum as suggested. You may want to review the attractions, shows, & dining posts there and also on this site. There are too many great answers to your question not knowing what your group likes. Does your group like magic shows, Elvis, gospel, comedy, Texas Swing, Broadway, live theater, 50’s, country, variety, Beetles, dinner shows, etc? For meals, do you want family style, buffets, BBQ, Mexican, steak, dinner cruise, burgers, unique dining experiences, etc? Shopping…. Craft, chain, specialty, flea market, out let, unique, etc?

For example this is a sample of what shows people like in no particular order…. Rankin Brothers, Six, Grand Jubilee, Shoji, Noah, Dixie Stampede, Clay Cooper, Haygoods, Liverpool Legends, Shepherd of the Hills outdoor play, Tony Rio, Show boat Branson Belle, Presleys, Pierce Arrow, Broadway, Duttons and more. All of these are completely different and I know I’m missing some. If they are having a festival at Silver Dollar City that suits your groups tastes, go there. Silver Dollar City is a theme park which also has a lot of shopping, crafts, in addition to the shows and rides. I’ve been told the highlight of a Branson trip was Roy Rogers & Dale Evan’s Museum but for me it was only okay since I’m a little young to remember them. So it really depends on what style of entertainment your group prefers.

The same goes for dining. If you want unique….. Mel’s Hard Luck Diner or Keeter Center. Both are unique but completely different settings and menus. BBQ may be Danna’s or Odees. Family style….. Chesters, Farm House, Moon River Grill, McFarlains. Burgers… Billy Bobs, Mel’s Hard Luck Diner, Danna’s. Ect. Let us know your tastes and someone will steer you in the right direction. Too many to name.

Shopping selections also vary from outlet malls like Tanger & Factory Merchants, to the newer ones like the Landing and Branson Hills. Want something different? Go to Dick’s 5 & Dime in the historical downtown, Kringles the Christmas Store, Thomas Kincaid’s Store, Stone Hill Winery or Coffets Flea Market. All completely different yet only a sample of what is available. Again, let us know what your group likes/dislikes and also take advantage of the posts already on this and the 1branson forum.

5. Re: Horizon by Marriott or Condo at Thousand Hills?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2009, 06:26