We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

I'm just curious how and how often the "Things to Do in Branson" is updated. I've been going there for over ten years, and I find it hard to believe that the Branson Family Fun Factory is the #1 thing to do. I'm not knocking that place, but I would not rate laser tag and miniature golf as the number one thing to do in Branson. Sooo, how and how often is this thread updated -- it hasn't changed in the last year.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

I have to agree with you. I've been going to Branson for over 20 years and didn't know the place existed until you posted about it. I also wonder how ligitimate all those reviews so close together were. Do people really get that excited about a family fun park with normal everyday attractions?

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

Oh Wow! I've been living here for 18 years and truthfuly I've not heard of this place. Guess you can tell I don't have kids at home?

Arch105

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

The restaurant list used to be really bad but they have finally updated it to reflect a much better selection of the most popular places. I’ve tried to figure out their system and never have. It does change.

I would have trouble telling people Family Fun Factory is more popular than Silver Dollar City. TA says it is but we all know better. It would be nice to understand the TA ranking system.

If someone is going to the Family Fun Factory they normally have discount coupons on their website plus they offer a combo ticket too.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

I wonder if they pay TripAdvisor money for advertising?

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

I don't know about the fun factory, but SDC was not very good. Dollywood used to be a SDC, but is so much more now than SDC in Branson is. I can believe a lot of things in Branson are rated higher than SDC. IMHO

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

Well I haven't been to Dollywood but I have to give the counter point to SDC not being good...not that I'm dissing your opinion, just disagreeing. SDC has 4 roller coasters, 3 water rides, 6 thrill rides(if you call spinning in some sort of circle, thrilling) and kiddie rides as well as many shows and shops and a nightly show. I go there at least 4 or 5 times a year and love it. It's definitely not Disney World, but at times that's a good thing!

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

A couple of weeks ago, I looked and SIX was number one. I just checked again and it's still number 1. Hmmm Why do you see a different #1?

Anyway, when I look at the SIX reviews, they strike me as contrived. Maybe the same people own that show's theater and the Family Fun Factory and have their employees post raving reviews every couple of weeks. I think I'll check out the posters and see what else they've commented on...

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

We're getting ready to go back. I'm going to check this place out and let you know what I find out. I suspect they will ask me to give a report on TripAdvisor, and even provide a computer and possibly a discount to do so; lol. My other suspicion is that church youth groups go here, and the leaders are asked to provide feedback on Trip Advisor. This place is not even mentioned on the largest Branson Forum: http://www.1branson.com/forum/

Ponchatoula,LA
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

These lists are fishy. I don't think it's because anyone is paying anyone for adverising. It's probably people working for Branson Family Fun Farm (and other places) setting up multiple accounts under different names and then giving their "unbiased" reviews of themselves, as many times as needed. TA makes the list based on the rated average of each place. So the more 5 star ratings a place has, the closer it will be to #1. Kind of shady dealings if you ask me.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishy Ratings on Things to Do in Branson ???

They're baaaa-c-k. The Family Fun Place is not the #1 attraction in Branson. The week we first posted this was the first week they were not rated number one, but now they're back. It's "not" the number one place ... don't be misled. I'm not saying it's not good, but blacklight golf and lasertag is not rated above many shows, nor Silver Dollar City.