We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Branson

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Branson

In your opinion which would be the two or three best Christmas shows in Branson? If we come the first week of November would the Christmas shows and lights all be ready?

New Braunfels, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Branson

I believe most of the Christmas shows begin November 1st and many end early in December. The Andy Williams is a wonderful classic Christmas show with a beautiful set and staging. Looking forward to seeing the new Sight and Sound Theater performance of the "Majesty of Christmas". Tickets may go quickly for the weekend shows. We also enjoy the more comtemporary show of the Hagood family. Be sure to visit Silver Dollar City. It is featured on the Travel Channel as one of the top 10 most beautiful places to see Christmas lights and decorations. Request the travel magazines to be mailed to you and see all the shows and dates: www.explorebranson.com

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
772 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Branson

If I could only 'do one thing' in Branson during the Christmas season, I would most definitely go to Silver Dollar City! The atmosphere is wonderful; be sure and be in the park 'after dark' --- the lights are spectacular. And take a ride on the SDC train ---- you'll hear Grandpa's version of a Christmas story ---- if that doesn't get you'in the Christmas spirit' nothing will!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Branson

I also vote on Silver Dollar City as a Christmas don't miss. The only sad part is the Dicken's Christmas Carol Musical usually isn't open at SDC the 1st weekend of the Christmas season. It would be a shame to miss it but the lights should make up for it.

I would go to the www.1branson.com/forum and research the Christmas shows from last year. Opinions differ on favorites. Some shows completely change to the Christmas theme and others only add a few numbers. I know everyone loves Andy Williams but we were actually disappointed with it.

4. Re: Christmas in Branson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 06:17