We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tough Choices

Kirkwood, MO
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tough Choices

My husband and I plan on coming to Branson this summer. We have 4 teen/adult children plus their spouses or friends, so there is a group of 10 total. Although, they may not all be there for the entire time, we need to have enough space.

We really want a place on the lake with access to a boat rental. We would prefer something fairly close to Silver Dollar City. I have done some searching and it seems overwhelming at times.

The choices thus far are the following:

Still Waters

Tribesman

Hunters Friend

We can afford about $2,000 - $2,500 for the week.

Does anyone have any input or know of any places that I totally missed? Thanks.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tough Choices

Indian Point Chamber of Commerce has a website you might find useful.

indianpoint.org/vp/vacation_planner.html

I'm not sure if the condo's I listed have boat rental but at the very end of Indian Point Road is a marina with boat rental. Their rates are really good.

We have stayed at

Treehouse Condos- it's a little walk to the lake but the condo's are really nice and could fit all of you.

Stillwaters - Right on the lake and nice condos that could easily fit the whole group.

Golden Arrow- older resort not close to the water. The owners are really nice and the place is clean but I don't think you could fit in one unit. This is probably cheaper then the other 2.

Cottage resort- very close to the water and the marina. It's older and not my first choice but the units we stayed in were clean.

Hunters Friend - I have never stayed there but it gets really good reviews on the 1branson.com forum.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tough Choices

This may be a good opportunity to rent a large home and stay under one roof. Check out one of the listing portals which are classified ads for vacation rentals. You’ll find a selection of resort owned, privately owned, managed by owner and managed by a management company. Prices, terms and amenities vary. To name a few, start with Trip Advisor’s Vacation Rentals ads using the link on this page, www.vrbo.com, www.vacationrentals.com, and www.vacationhomerentals.com to name a few. Many of the large homes may only be available for a full week.

Kirkwood, MO
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tough Choices

Thank you so much for the information. I will check out some of those options.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tough Choices

Keep in mind that west branson can be a pretty good drive back into town with the traffic,,

We stayed in west branson, it took some time to get back up to silver dollar city,,' and the 76 strip

Hunters friend has some beautiful condo's,,,

And the owners are wonderful people,

can't go wrong with them..

we rent all over the country on www.vrbo.com

you can't go wrong on there,,,

5. Re: Tough Choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2010, 08:17