We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need lodging help for family

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
need lodging help for family

My husband, myself and 2 girls are coming to branson in july. This is our first time in branson and I feel like I need some help deciding on a place to stay. I need at least one bedroom (my youngest is 3 & still naps) and would like to have a kitchen. We'd like a pool and a nice resort. I'm looking at the Marriott Willow RIdge, Welk resort lodges, Stonebridge lodges, silverleaf holiday hills.

I'd like to be on the lake but that's not essential. We'll be there for 7 nights and I'd like to keep my price around or below $1200.

any help would be great.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need lodging help for family

If you would like to stay on the lake here's a link for various lodging..

indianpoint.org/vp/vacation_planner.html We've stayed at Treehouse and Stillwaters and really like both. Stillwaters has better lake access. Hunter's Friend resort (not on the link) also gets really good reviews on the 1branson forum

Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need lodging help for family

You may want to consider the Wyndham timeshare properties. We are renting a 3bed/2bath from vacationupgrades.com at the Wyndham Mountain Vista. This will be our 4th rental from Ken Price, the vacationupgrades owner, and we have found him to be very friendly and professional. Most of the units are 2bed/2bath at these properties that sleep 8. Our other rentals from him have been twice in Orlando and last summer in Williamsburg. His prices are always very good.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: need lodging help for family

I can relate on the need for napping. We love our grandchildren dearly but if we couldn’t have a couple of bedrooms to split them up for napping & quiet time, I think we would all be miserable. Plus it gives grandpa a chance to nap too. ;-) So much fun in Branson the kids never want to stop.

You should easily stay under your $1200 price range easily. Check out vacation rentals portal sites. These websites are classified ads for vacation rentals. You’ll be amazed at the quality you can find under your price range as Branson’s lodging is a steal compared to other areas. Click Trip Advisor Branson’s vacation rentals link; 3rd down from the top in the left column or here tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g44160-Revie… . Other ad sites: www.vacationrentals.com, www.vrbo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com. Many owners & managers advertise on multiple sites so you will see many of the properties on more than one site.

FYI... Wyndham is not on the lake. Also most places on one of the lakes only have some of their units offering lake views so if lake view on the lake is important, be sure to ask.

Edited: 30 March 2010, 15:12
Russellville, AR
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need lodging help for family

We have a condo in Holiday Hills resort. It is 2 bed/ 2 bath. Very close to one of the pools on the property and close the the activity center. If you would like more information please e-mail me at crb74@yahoo.com

Good luck!

Godfrey, IL
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: need lodging help for family

You might want to try the Lake Shore Resort in sits on Lake Tanneycomo. We are scheduled to go there in July our selves for a week. It cost us $650.00 with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen and living room. It says that it sleeps 6. Go to their web site and check it out lakeshoreresortbranson.com and see if it suits your needs,

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
680 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need lodging help for family

I would agree that Wyndham Mnt. Vista is a great place to stay and in your price range. Willow Ridge is a decent location if you'd like to be closer to the strip. Stone Bridge is very close to Silver Dollar City, so it is farther out. Mnt Vista is right next to the Welk Resort. Mnt Vista and Welk have a great location in that they are a bit out however still very close. The Welk Resort has the new Splashatorium. Mnt Vista is very nice, a few years old and actually just received new brand new furnishings & drapes.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
680 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need lodging help for family

I would agree that Wyndham Mnt. Vista is a great place to stay and in your price range. Willow Ridge is a decent location if you'd like to be closer to the strip. Stone Bridge is very close to Silver Dollar City, so it is farther out. Mnt Vista is right next to the Welk Resort. Mnt Vista and Welk have a great location in that they are a bit out however still very close. The Welk Resort has the new Splashatorium. Mnt Vista is very nice, a few years old and actually just received new brand new furnishings & drapes.

8. Re: need lodging help for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 05:16