We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in what area to stay?

julie1218
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
in what area to stay?

i can't even decide in WHAT general area i want to stay. normally, we like to be close to everything. we don't like the hassle of driving back and forth a lot. however, we stayed on the pigeon forge strip with family 2 years ago, and it was WAY too commericial for our taste. after seeing the outskirts of gaitlinburg (nearby to PF), i wished that we had stayed there which was still close to everything and a bit more quaint when off the main drag. think i might feel the same about being on the main drag in branson.

anywho, back to branson--is there a place near the strip (so less time spent going back and forth in traffic from room to activities) where i would feel like i am NOT staying in vegas? something wooded, quaint, pretty view, etc? or should i just bail on easy strip access and go with a lake resort?

we do prefer a resort atmosphere but are open to hotel or condo. we have two kids, ages 6 and 8. looking to come mid july. haven't picked activities yet but thinking silver dollar city, chinese acrobats, russian circus, go karts, and who knows what else. need to get on this and figure something out!!! thanks!

Godfrey, IL
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: in what area to stay?

Personally I like staying on Lakeshore Drive. It is very easy accesss to the main strip the the roads that take you around the traffic on the main strip (these routes are on most if not all Branson maps). I am bringing to Branson a very small Girl Scout Troop and I found a place on the internet called the Lakeshore Resort which is on Lake Tanneycomo. It is a nice quiet area, but close to the main hussel of Branson. It is also very easy access going to Branson and leaving and not being in the worse traffic jam leaving from the strip. They also manage the Del Mar which we are staying at in mid July.

web page is: www.lakeshoreresortbranson.com

Check it sout ans see what you think.

Mentioned in this post
Lakeshore Resort
Lakeshore Resort
73 Reviews
Branson, MO
Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: in what area to stay?

Many of the hotels on the strip have back entrances too but you will still have a lot of traffic being close to the strip during the prime times. Be sure and ask about alternate routes if booking on the strip. I would not recommend staying on the strip unless the place has an alternate route to get in and out.

SDC is west of Branson on Indian Pointe. If you are primarily going to SDC it is handy to stay on Indian Pointe. If you plan to do activities in Branson, you may be better suited to avoid the SDC traffic and stay in Branson. Many resorts are in Branson so you don’t have to contend with driving to Branson to do your activities.

For condos, homes and cabins instead of only checking with resorts check out vacation rentals by owners and managers. Trip advisor has some at tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g44160-Revie… or you can check other sites such as vacationrentals or vrbo. These are all classified ads for rentals. You can find rustic wooded lodging, well manicured landscaping and some in between. Cabins will not be spread out and hidden in the trees. Land is too expensive.

We like the SW corner of Branson because we can drive “around” most of the traffic using alternate routes plus so many of the activities and restaurants, outlets we like are on the west half of Branson. It also has easy access to SDC. The resorts we like are Meadow Brook & Pointe Royale. No cabins in either. They are all condos with manicured grounds.

Burlington, Iowa
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: in what area to stay?

We really enjoy staying at Stillwaters on Indian Point. It is a great resort. When we stay in town we enjoy Marriott Willow Ridge, which in the middle of everything, but you don' t feel like it because it is a nice property with a great pool and great condos.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: in what area to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Branson
Recent Conversations