We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March, May, or August best time to visit?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Topic
March, May, or August best time to visit?

We're seriously thinking about going to Branson next year with our 9 and 4 year old girls. I'm one that plans and saves way in advance, so I thought I'd ask a few questions... some on this thread and one of a different subject in a separate thread.

The times of year we could take a week to go to Branson are Spring Break in mid-March, last week of May when school is out, or first week of August before school starts.

Any suggestions on which is the best time to visit Branson? Thanks for any replies!

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March, May, or August best time to visit?

I'd pick the last week of May. In March the weather can really be iffy and now that Family Days is catching on at SDC, it can be pretty crowded. (Plus if you're planning on going to Silver Dollar City, they are only open a few days in March) In August the weather can be really really hot and lot of families are squeezing in last minute vacations. Many of the schools are still in session so the last week of May should not be as crowded (with the exception of Memorial Day weekend). Many of the outdoor pools here do not open until Memorial weekend, but I'm not sure about the hotels in Branson.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March, May, or August best time to visit?

Everything is not up and running in Branson in March. I would suggest the last week of May. Weather is warm but generally not HOT and all attractions, shows, etc. are open. Branson is usually HOT (mid to upper 90s) the first week of August.

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: March, May, or August best time to visit?

I would also suggest May. Actually if you could make it the week after Memorial Day would be the best time, since Memorial Day is always busy. March is still cool, the go-carts are iffy due to weather and the leaves aren't on the trees yet so the scenery is not a colorful. First week in August is usually the busiest week-end of the summer (other than July 4th) since everyone is getting in last-minute family time.

Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: March, May, or August best time to visit?

Thanks for the advice. We're trying to make the last week of May /first week of June work.

5. Re: March, May, or August best time to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 06:18