We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

branson.....where to stay

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
branson.....where to stay

Best places to stay: adults

Best places to eat.

Best shows?

1. Re: branson.....where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2006, 16:23
Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: branson.....where to stay

Very open ended question. My advice would be to read the other posts in the Branson forum first. There are some great suggestions and opinons given about the Branson shows, hotels, motels, and dining. Then if you have a more specific question, post it and your most likely to get better advice.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: branson.....where to stay

I might add that you should probly check the posts from summer 2005 first. Thats when the Branson forum was very busy with summer vacationers and thats were you will find some of the best information.

Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: branson.....where to stay

You can get many good suggestions by reading the previous season's posts, but I'd like to add a few that I don't think have appeared before.

Clay Coopers Morning Express is a very good show. Traditional country music with a mix of 'old' and 'new' country. Also some very good dancers. And Clay's 2 yr old son is a hoot!

Smoke on the Mountain is a live theatre production at the Imax Theater. Theme of the show is a 1930's church service, lots of good gospel music and the comedy is hilarious. The theater is very small so you feel like a part of the service.

Other good shows that we've seen include Pierce Arrow, Moe Bandy, Mickey Gilley. One show that I would NOT recommend is the Jim Stafford show....He seems to be 'past his prime"!

We saw Roy Rogers Jr perform a short program at Silver Dollar City this past season, and are now planning to see his show at the Roy Rogers/Dale Evans Museum. Have gone thru the museum and it is very interesting.

They have many good shows in the park at Silver Dollar City. One in particular that I recommend is the Cajun Connection. It's tough to make it to all the shows in 1 day (especially if the Park is crowded, you have to arrive at some of them early to get a seat) so would suggest you schedule 2 days for the park!

Another good museum is the Ralph Foster Museum at the College of the Ozarks, just south of Branson across the River. This is a small Christian College where the students pay for their tuition, room and board with a work equity program. You can tour their bakery, greenhouses, and mill.The students also run a restaurant on campus that is very good. In March, the school is host to the NAIA National Championship Basketball Tournament.

You'll find many of the 'chain' restaurants in town. WE found a very good breakfast buffet at a restaurant called "Granny's" on the Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.

You also might want to take a drive up 65 Hwy north from Branson about 30 miles and experience "Lamberts", known as the Home of the Throwed Roll. You order your entree and side dishes from the menu, and then they have what they call 'free pass arounds' --- fried okra, fried potatoes w/onions, black eyed peas, and tomatoes and macaroni. It's supposed to be an "all you can eat" meal, but the portions are so large that not many people order a refill of the entree! And the quality of the food is very good! If you go 'at mealtime' the wait can be quite long, not unusual to wait 60+ minutes. But arrive mid afternoon and the wait is more reasonable. A very popular stop for the tour buses!

Hope this helps a bit and have a great time in Branson!

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: branson.....where to stay

I like the bradford Inn, It is a small b@b type inn , ran by some really awesome people. My husband And I stayed there on several occasions and find it to be a warm friendly place, with a good home cooked breakfast with the room price.The in is based on an new england inn, and sits on a bluff over looking the main strip. read my reviews on this web-site. Also I suggest the hard luck diner, It is a really awesome place where you are entertained by the waiters while you eat. i also have a review on here for them.

Get answers to your questions about Branson