We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
483 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

Anyone done this:

http://www.oldmatt.com/christmastrail.php

Is it any good? It is a little pricey.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

I've never gone but some folks love it and go every year and some go once and say they wouldn't go back. It can take a couple of hours if you drive slowly and really look. There's another light display in the city of Branson that covers a long distance and is less expensive.

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

I assume you're talking about the show, not JUST the trail of lights, right?

The show includes dinner, a show, a drive through the light display and a trip to inspiration tower where you can get the best view of all of the lights in Branson.

The show and dinner are alright. It's a very "down home" type show with Christmas music being sung with just an acoustic guitar, Cowboy Christmas stories and some "Cowboy Poetry". I believe the dinner is the same as what they serve at the sons of the pioneers show during the regular season. The place is the same too. It's an outdoor theatre, but it is covered with tent-type "curtain" things that keep the wind out and the heat in. They do have heaters, but it does often get pretty chilly anyways, so be prepared for that.

The light display is fun to go through - I do it every year and love it. Lots of animated light displays, Christmas music, stories and "little known facts" for you to read throughout the trip. It's a cute trail of lights. :)

I definitely recommend doing the whole package with the show, dinner, light display and the tower. It's definitely a value show for sure!

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

We did it years ago. It was really cute and lots of effort put into the displays. There's six of us and we think it just too much for a drive through. A charge per person just doesn't make sense to me

Fort Collins...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

The drive through is very nice and i think it is worth it. Yes it is expensive just to drive through lights, but I think that they do a great job with the lights and it is unique. We usually go pretty late when there are few cars and you can take your time. We go to the Andy WIlliams Christmas show (exellent show), grab some Starbucks, and then head up to the lights. It can get chilly and you have to roll your windows down from time to time to hear the music. We have not done the show so can't comment on it. I do think the lights are worth it.

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

Here's how I figure it...

The show is $39 per adult.

To JUST do the drive through and the tower, it's $10.

So, for an extra $19 per person, you get a show AND dinner!

Not a bad deal, right?!

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

And don't forget the other drive-thru light display, the Branson Area Festival of Lights that's put on every year by the Branson Chamber of Commerce. The entrance is on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway across the street from Sight & Sound Theater. Only $10 per car w/ no per-person charge. Open starting today (Nov. 1) through December.

7. Re: Shepherd of the Hills Christmas on the Trail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 06:49