We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Branson

Need to use our timeshare and we are looking for a vacation early Spring. I was wanting to travel to Monterrey/Carmel this Spring but its not looking promising then I came across info on Branson However we are not country music buffs Classic Rock is more our speed. We do like to hike and love nature..... What to do what to see... What does Branson have to offer a family of 50 plus adults with a teenage girl. Any suggestions.

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Branson

For the nature lovers, there's the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery (free), walk along the beautiful trail at Table Rock State Park (also free), or go to the Dewey Short Visitor's Center and swim in the lake, take a tour of the dam, or watch one or more videos about the dam and Branson (again, free, except for the tour of the dam). For a price, you can take a kayaking tour of Lake Taneycomo, rent a boat on Table Rock Lake and go skiing or fishing, or head on down to Dogwood Canyon and take a tram through their property and into their wild animal area, go horseback riding, rent a bike, walk their trails (there IS a cost for the trails at Dogwood Canyon) or fish their streams for trout (again, there IS a cost for that). There's really A LOT to do in Branson for those who enjoy nature and the outdoors!

For the Classic Rock fans, Liverpool Legends (Beatles Tribute Band) is amazing! There's also Take It to the Limit, an Eagle's Tribute Band. The first time I saw them, they were REALLY good! The next year, however, they'd lost a couple of members and gained a couple of new ones and I must say it was an extreme disappointment from the year before. I didn't see them in 2010, so I don't know if they're any better now, but if you like the Eagles, they might be worth looking into. Legends in Concert is also very good, but their acts change, and they WILL more than likely have some sort of country look-a-like in the show, but most of them are usually Classic Rock Legends. Every time I've been, the Blues Brothers tribute has been a part of the show, and almost always, there's an Elvis.

There's A LOT of shows in Branson that are NOT centered around music that you also might really enjoy. Brule is an interesting show - Native American dancers and musicians with an interesting story told through song and dance. I enjoyed it pretty well; other people I've talked to didn't like it as much. That's a show that REALLY depends on the person. But, it's definitely a unique show for Branson and is very well done (in my opinion).

You might also really enjoy Yakov Smirnoff's Moscow Circus. VERY excellent show! Something that the whole family will definitely love! The food wasn't the best, but better than I expected; however the show was absolutely spectacular! I went there with very few expectations and left there absolutely wowed!

Another REALLY fantastic show is the Acrobats of China Shanghai Circus! I saw it 3 times last year and was wowed every single time! GREAT show for ALL ages!

The teenage girl will most likely really enjoy Silver Dollar City. If you go during World Fest, you'll see some amazing shows that you often won't find anywhere else in Branson. That happens in early spring, so I would definitely try NOT to miss that if you can fit that into your schedule/budget.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Branson

For classic rock you might also enjoy Paul Revere and the Raiders, not sure if they have spring shows scheduled. There's also hiking in the Henning area conservation area on west 76. I also echo McKayna's recommendations.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Branson

ooh thanks love the suggestions...I do like Paul Revere and the Raiders. That would be fun and the hikes

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Branson

Thanks for the suggestions..Wow sounds like a winner vacation...Now it would be best to go what time of year Spring/Fall probably?

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Branson

It really depends. Generally speaking, the spring/fall is going to have fewer crowds (unless you go during Spring Break or on a holiday), but some shows also take THEIR vacations during those times, and might not have shows every night or might be closed for the week, depending on when you come. What I would do is figure out what shows you FOR SURE want to see, and then find out their schedules to ensure that they will be performing at the time when you're in town. :)

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
776 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Branson

Check out the Rankin Brothers show.......great rock and roll from the 60's

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Branson

thank you..We will probably try to book into the marriott there..is it close to all?

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Branson

While not in Branson but very nearby, check out the Black Oak Ampitheater which was newly renovated and reopened last year. Open-air auditorium featured several national acts/bands. Last year had BB King, Dr. John, Marcia Ball & Leon Russell, Pat Benatar & REO Speedwagon, Kansas, Styx, Foreigner, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and others.

http://www.blkoakamp.com/

This year's acts haven't been announced yet.

Denver
Level Contributor
9 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Branson

planning on spending a few days in Branson the second week of October. Any ideas for a outdoor recreation? Which of the tours are the best . We like dinner sight seeing trips and that sort of thing

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Branson

Check out Dogwood Canyon.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g44160-i200-k57196…

http://www.dogwoodcanyon.org/Default.aspx