We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

We are staying in Branson for 2 nights mid-week in mid-July and would like to stay somewhere with a fun pool for the kids (something more than the basic hotel pools). We would love to stay at Big Cedar, but aren't prepared to pay $300+ per night and Still Water apparently has a 4 night minimum in July. Any other suggestions? We would like to keep it to $200/night or less if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

Grand Country Inn has an attached waterpark as does Welk Resort and Castle Rock.

There's also the White Water park -- new lazy river, slides, wave pool, etc. It's a separate water park not attached to a hotel.

Edited: 18 March 2011, 13:52
Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

From what I hear, Grand Country isn't what it used to be. Definitely gone down hill.

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

Still Waters has a giant slide, and three pools. You might look at that. I'm not sure what their rates are, but they do have more than just your average hotel swimming pool.

Edited: 18 March 2011, 15:44
Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

Sorry... I didn't ready where you said still waters has a 4-night minimum.

Castle Rock has an indoor water park as well.

Edited: 18 March 2011, 16:24
Branson, MO
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

I'd recommend the Welk Resort. Their water park opened last year & your kids would really enjoy it, plus they have very nice rooms/suites.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

If you would happen to choose the Welk resort, be sure and ask questions when you book the room. Just this week I read on another Branson forum where there are just certain rooms that give you the option of using the waterpark at the resort. Sounds kind of strange.......

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

the city also has a water park; http://www.bransonparksandrecreation.com/

Maybe getting a hotel close ?

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

There's not a hotel within walking distance of the rec plex. The nearest hotel would be several miles away - probably 3-5 miles at least.

9. Re: Looking for fun pool (water slide, lazy river or similar)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 18:19