We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traffic snarl in Branson

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
traffic snarl in Branson

Last time I visited Branson, early 90's, there was only a two lane hwy through the town.

Is this the same situation, or have they improved this traffic mess?

I can remember creaping along at almost a snails pace.

Thanks for any info on this.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

It still can be bad at times, but they have improved it with color coded routes thru town, By useing these you can get around a lot better. It's best to time out your coming and going's by not driving around during peak times,like at show times. going early to silver dollar city, ect.....

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

The "76 Strip" is still just 2 lanes, but by traveling the "red", "yellow" or "blue" routes which go "around" Branson, you can avoid most of 76 Strip and get where you want to be in a relatively short time. You can find maps with these routes clearly marked at all restaurants, attractions and motels in Branson. We always travel these routes and it has been a LONG time since we were stopped in a traffic jam!

Madison
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

Traffic has improved with the addition of the colored roads, so nothing to worry about here. Just pick up a coded map before you get to town and you'll do fine.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

Thanks for the info. I will surely obtain one of these color keyed pamphlets.

MO
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

Shepard Of The Hills Expressway is your friend....use it...love it.

Stay off of 76 at all costs unless absolutely required.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

Thanks all for the great directions.

I knew there could have been a better way, and you have responded

Thanks again.

Florida Panhandle...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

Definitely get a map before getting to town. There is a new vacation planner in town that rents GPS units for your car that has all the back ways to get to the attractions. Branson Vacation Station 417.334.8605 located right on the beginning of the strip. Remember Fall Creek Road is a great road to get from one end to another.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

bkjshaver: Thanks for the vital information. The GPS sounds like a neat idea.

On Friday, I had breakfast at a recently opened IHop. As usual the training period was in full swing.

One of the trainers there to assist, was from Branson, MO. We spoke about the traffic sharl that can happen when you least expect.

She said unfortunately, for the casual sometime visitor, traffic can be annoying. In addition, some of the byways were also getting to the crowded stage at times.

We both chuckled at that and I thanked her for her insight into the traffic problem there.

Thanks again to all who have replied to my post. I am looking forward to getting there this summer, probably late summer, or early fall.

Thanks again.

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

Don't let that I Hop trainer scare you! I was in Branson 7 or 8 times last year and some of those visits were during peak times....we NEVER got caught in stop and go traffic on the blue, red or yellow routes! Not to say that it won't happen, but I'd say the chances are slim!

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: traffic snarl in Branson

shis: We have a trip planned, no reservations as yet. We're headed to Gatlinburg, TN. in March. Hope to see some show in the higher elevations.

I always like to check out a destination with the local folk before I venture there.

Not having been there for quite some time, I really appreciate the advise from the posters.

Am looking forward to the trip for some relaxation.

Since I have not been there for a while, maybe you could help with the name of a good restaurant with local cuisine.

Again thanks for the assist.