We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and Parking on Strip

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels and Parking on Strip

We are planning our first trip to Branson in July and I have a few questions:

What is the parking situation in the theater area? Is parking free?

If we stay out at the Hampton Inn near the Payne Stuart Golf course, how long would it take to get in to the show area?

How long would you need to allow between shows if you are going to see a few in one day?

Are there any special restaurants that we wouldn't want to miss?

We are active seniors traveling without kids.

Thanks for your help.

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
148 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and Parking on Strip

Most shows have their own parking and yes, it's generally free. However, parking on the strip is premium, so sometimes, parking lots are laid out funky in relation to the theaters. So, I recommend getting to the theater early.

The Hampton Inn on Branson Hills Expwy is approx. 10 minutes or less from the strip.

For most shows, you need to show up at least 1/2 an hour early (some shows, such as Dixie Stampede, require you to be there an hour early and if you booked through your hotel or some other source other than the theater, they SAY that at 45 minutes prior to seating, they can re-sell your ticket to someone else if they have people waiting, although I've never had anyone personally tell me that this has personally happened to them). Plus, you need to allow for travel between the shows and if you're not very familiar with Branson, then that means that you're likely going to be driving the strip. And let's just say that's not the fastest moving traffic in Branson to say the least! ;) So, if you're going to see a 10am show, then the next show should be at 2 or 3. And then your next show should be at 7 or 8. That would allow you enough time to eat in between, and then get to the theater with enough time that you don't feel rushed.

Special restaurants: Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks is excellent! Many times, the students at C of O will sing and/or play the piano during your meal. It's a very, very, very nice place to eat with amazing food, beautiful scenery and (sometimes) wonderful entertainment!

I really enjoy Cantina Laredo at the Branson Landing - WONDERFUL Mexican food with AMAZING service and an even better view! Every hour on the hour, the Branson Landing fountain is set to music and you get a fire and water show set to music. Cantina Laredo is the perfect place to get to watch this!

The restaurant that comes to my mind whenever I think of a restaurant that encompasses the essence Branson and is CLASSIC Branson would be the Hard Luck Diner at the Grand Village. Now, many people don't really like that restaurant, and I'll be honest... while the food is usually pretty decent, you don't go there for the food! LOL! At least 2 (maybe 3?) American Idol contestants have gotten their singing careers started by working at the Hard Luck Diner. ALL of the servers will sing to you at various times throughout your meal. It's a fun time, and everyone usually gets into it. But, it CAN get a bit loud at times and again, the food's not why you go there. But if you're looking for a restaurant that is truly BRANSON, then Hard Luck Diner would be it!

Have a wonderful vacation!

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and Parking on Strip

The Shogun's Japanese Steakhouse over on Falls Creek Parkway is really good.

Cakes and cream is a '50's style American food restaurant that has the best desserts. Especially, the chocolate and coconut meringue pie.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and Parking on Strip

Thanks so much for the info. It will be very helpful as we plan our days. Sounds like some nice restaurants to try.

Do you recommend that people stay in the theater area, or doesn't it really matter?

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and Parking on Strip

I just thought of another question---

As I am planning my trip, what is the best way to get tickets if I want specific shows? Is it best to book through the specific theater for each show or better to go online to those places that book tickets for all shows?

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
678 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels and Parking on Strip

For tickets we use: Branson 2 for 1 Tickets

1100 W Hwy 76 Branson, MO 65616

Still can't find us? Corner of Roark Valley Road

(blue route) and Hwy 76 Across Hwy 76 from the fire station 417-336-0241 They are in a bright purple building on the south side. This is the only 2for1 that isn't a timeshare or vacation club. Other places have copied their name, but they are tied in with timeshares and vacation clubs. Yes, you can't pre-order and must go in person to purchase the tickets or have someone that you know do it for you. They are very helpful. Look on their web site to see what tickets they have.

reservebranson.com has good rates for shows. For shows, we want to see that 2for1 doesn't have we get them from here. You print out an e ticket and then take it to the theater to exchange it for the tickets. The e ticket reserves you a seat. You can make requests as to seating and they fax along the information to the theater.

No, it isn't necessary to have a hotel on 76. Acquaint your selves with the blue, yellow, and red routes as these will greatly shorten up your travel times with less traffic. When Branson is busy, the traffic on 76 BARELY MOVES.

Many hotels in Branson have outside entrances. If this makes a difference look at pictures of the hotel before you book or call them.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels and Parking on Strip

The strip is so long, we've never really stayed at a hotel on the strip for the purpose of walking everywhere. I guess it really depends on which you want to do.

We are usually there during the week, when it's much less crowded than on weekends. tourist2 gave you the best information you can get, which is to stick to the alternative routes. We stayed at Branson's Best (not fancy, but clean with free hot breakfast and desserts) on the yellow route this last weekend, and the yellow route was great as a way to get around. Only show we saw this stay was Jim Stafford (highly recommended), and the back entrance to his place and several others is accessible thru the yellow route. We were able to stay off 76 with just a couple of direct crossings to get to the other side routes.

7. Re: Hotels and Parking on Strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 21:16