We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

We're only going to be in Branson one day / two nights. Sunday July 3rd is the day that we'll do all the activites there. I already have tickets for an 8 p.m. show. We are planning to go see the Titanic attraction in the morning and do the Ride the Ducks Table Rock Lake tour around 2 p.m. Should I book these in advance. // We've never had to book things in advance on previous short stays, but I don't know if summer (and July 4th weekend in particular) might be busier??

Thanks.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

Sundays are normally slow but you are hitting a major weekend so it may be packed. Since you are only there one day, I don’t understand why you are questioning if you should book or not.. If you want to go, make your reservations.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

Thanks for the advise. I guess we'll go ahead and get tickets in advance, just to make sure we can see these things.

To answer your questions about why I'm even asking this and not just getting all the tickets in advance is my preference to not being comitted to a particular time to go to the attraction // (e.g. needing to leave breakfast at a certain time to go over for our timed ticket for the Titanic // needing to go on the 2 p.m. duck tour, when maybe we'd be ready and prefer to go at 1 p.m.) // On other trips (but slower season) there was no need to get anything in advance.

Also, advanced combo tickets that save you $5 pp require pick up at the Ducks. We're staying right next to the Titanic and want to do that first, etc., don't want to go over to the ducks first in the morning just to get tickets then come back see the Titanic, and then go over to the ducks again // could do this on our way into town, though, if we get there before the ducks close -- pretty minor, but buying in advance means not getting that $5 pp savings (just $15) // We specifically chose our hotel so we could walk over to the Titanic and have a super short drive in the crazy traffic I'm seen even in slower seasons for our show in the evening.

illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

We went to theTitanic attraction on June 29 and I would would recomend you spend your money somewhere else. $70 for family of four is not worth a 20 min self guilding tour. Very boring!

Olathe, KS
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

Can you tell me more about why you didnt enjoy Titanic? My family wants to visit and you are right about it being expensive. I dont want to spend the money if it will end up being a waste.

Thanks!

Berryville, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

I personally really enjoyed the Titanic exhibit. I've always been fascinated by the history of the Titanic and the museum had a lot of interesting artifacts to explore. I would do it again. I spent at least two hours there reading and looking at things and that was without a crowd being there.

All of that to say, I'm not sure if it would be as interesting to people who aren't really into the history concerning the Titanic and children may be pretty bored, although there are things along the way designed for kids.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

We thought the Titanic exhibit was excellent and spent about two hours at the attraction. It's very well done, and I think most older children, teens, and adults would enjoy it. I wouldn't recommend for young children. I thought it was well worth the price of admission. If you haven't been to one of the artifact exhibits or Titanic museums / attractions before, this is a great one to go to / very well done. (Now if you're big Titanic enthusiasts like my son -- you go to all of these, but one would be enough for most people.) This was the second time we visited this exhibit in Branson. My 15 year old enjoyed it so much last Christmas and asked then if we could come back, and I said sure (We can go fourth of July weekend, and he was thrilled to go again / it met his expectations and I was surprised that I too really enjoyed it a second time / focused on different things that I had missed on my first visit.)

Ride the Duck, on the other hand, I thought was pretty cheesy, and I wouldn't recommend it.

All in all we had a great trip. We saw the Kirby VanBurch magic show -- excellent, and went to Silver Dollar City on the fourth from 9:30 - 2 before starting our drive home.

7. Re: Reserve the Titanic attraction and ride the ducks for 7/3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 06:16