We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A decent place for a single guy?

Panama City Beacj
10 posts
Save Topic
A decent place for a single guy?

Hi,

I am a single young professional, and I may be taking a job in Branson and I am wondering if this is a good place to live for a young professional. I must admit, I am not a big fan of country music, so are there other club or music venues, much of a nightlife in general. Is it a place for religious high roller types, which I am not. Are there many young professionals that live and work there. Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Florida Panhandle...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A decent place for a single guy?

Branson isn't much for young nightlife. Springfield (30 miles north) has a great downtown nightlife area as well as wonderful hip restaurants suitable for someone like you. Branson is a religious area but isn't pushy about it. Springfield is a better place for a young professional. A lot of individuals commute back and forth. Springfield has less expensive rent than Branson. Another alternative is Ozark which is right in between the two, similar how Destin is in between you and Pensacola. I also have a boat in Destin, so I understand what you are looking for. If you need more info, let me know! Good luck!

missouri
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A decent place for a single guy?

I disagree about the religious high rollers type. I find southern Mo in general inundated with these people. Often one of the first questions you are asked (when meeting new people) is 'what church do you go to?' Then you are looked at as the devil himself when you answer I do not go to church....hmmm. I found myself lying about attending church just to avoid the hassle. Springfield is a bit better as it is a much larger town, but you are still in the middle of the Bible belt. As with anything you get used to it and learn to laugh about it.

Get answers to your questions about Branson