We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for shows, etc.

Iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
suggestions for shows, etc.

My husband and I are going to Branson to celebrate our 40th anniversary and will be there the evening of May 24th to May 28th. We are on a fixed income so would like to get some suggestions for shows to go to,things to see and places to eat. This is our first vacation since our honeymoon!! Thanks...

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for shows, etc.

Just wanted to say congrats on your 40th anniversary AND you decision to take your first vacation in as many years! I'll leave the suggestions to the locals.

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for shows, etc.

hi anniversaryvacation,

There are LOTS of options for things to do and see in the Branson area. The best thing you can do now is read some of the other posts about Branson - there is a lot of good info about economical and fun things in Branson that has been posted on this website.

Read some of the other posts first and decide what kinds of things you want to do. Are you active or do you want to just sit around a look at the scenery? Do you like oudoorsy stuff? Keep your preferences in mind when you are perusing the other posts and you will come up with a list of things that are potentially interesting to you.

After you've read some of the multitude of information on Branson, come back with some specific ideas and we'll all be glad to help!

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for shows, etc.

We would like to go to shows and have picked out "too many"!! We do want to go to the Oakridge Boys on Wed. night. Other's we have thought about include Magnificent 7, Pierce Arrow, Mickey Gilley, The Presleys (our granddaughter took violin lessons from one of the entertainers before the teacher joined the Presleys!), Jim Stafford.....suggestions on what are really good?

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions for shows, etc.

Congratulations on #40! My husband and I will be celebrating that milestone in '07! My thoughts on the shows you mentioned: would definitely recommend Pierce Arrow as the best one, Mickey Gilley is good, but I would stay away from Jim Stafford! Saw him last season and was terribly disappointed in his show! Would also recommend the Clay Cooper Morning Country Express Show. If you like gospel music, Smoke on the Mountain is an excellent choice. This is a live theater production, the story set in the 1930's in a rural Baptist church. The music is good and the comedy hilarious. The theater is very small and intimate. This theater is located in the IMAX Complex on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway and is a morning show!

Keep in mind that traffic can be quite hectic and stop and go at times. Pick up a map of the 'alternate routes, the red, blue and yellow routes. By driving on these roads, you can get to most any place in town and avoid the stop and go traffic! Free maps are available at all motels/establishments.

Have a great time in Branson!

MO
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions for shows, etc.

Happy 40th, that means you were married in 1966, then one of the show you have to go to is #1 Hits of the 60's. You will love the look back to the years of your youth and marriage. The Best of the Best of music from 1960 to 1969. Did you go to the Drive-In Movie, you'll love the look back to the Drive-In movie as you see 4 couples in their cars at the Drive-In. Great show for all ages. The young ones will want to be on stage in the dance segment and the older ones will be dancing in the isles. Fun, Fun, Fun.

Kansas City, Ks
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions for shows, etc.

Funny, opinions very so much. I just saw Jim Staffard this weekend and he's one of my favs. in Branson now. I think he's changed his show up and very one around us enjoyed it a lot!

Kansas City, Ks
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions for shows, etc.

Ohh and that is a pic of us in his theater. We sat next to a couple who was about 60+ and they loved the show as well.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestions for shows, etc.

I like legends in concert, they are impersonaters, but it is a good show, I think the theater needs up dateing though.