We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

My dad and I recently visited Branson for Christmas! We were there two weeks. We had a great time!!

We enjoyed almost everything we did!!

Be sure to get discounted tickets where ever you decide to go. They expect you to use coupons or deals of some sort. Everyone there does! There is a ticket man Gary (417-239-4274) that will deliver your tickets to you. The Clarion gave me his number. Also the Clarion has a massage therapist that you can make an appointment with to get a massage. They also have a wonderful breakfast.

We went to..........Waltzing Waters, the trolley in downtown, Butterfly Palace, Shanghai Acrobats (no photos), Silver Dollar City, (discounted tickets on internet - $30 for one day).

Stone Hill Winery, Mt. Pleasant Winery, - bottle your own wine, and take a tour.

Grand Jubliee and the late night radio show. They also have an awesome buffet. This is where we had Christmas dinner. It is a whole complex called Grand Country. They have lots of entertainment there. (The Amazing Pets were cute, but over priced. It is just cats and dogs. They do cool tricks and stuns. There is a magician that entertains you as well. Great for kids.)

THE TOY MUSEUM was awesome!! We must have spent two hours there. The guys running the place are funny too! Took lots of photos!

Also the Christmas on the Trail and the drive through lights they have.

The Branson Belle Showboat was TONS of fun and great food. Again get discounted tickets.

Going to the Kringle store and seeing all the Christmas decorations were very interesting!

The Fish Hatchery was a fun experience. They have a machine outside so that you can feed the fish. Bring a cup or baggie cause the food is more than you can hold in your hand. I spend $1.50 in food. It was cool!

The Baldknobbers Jamboree (Family fun) was a fun show as well as the Haygoods (singers).

The Drive Thru Zoo called the Promised Land Zoo (in Eagle Rock) and taking the tour with the owner was the HIGHLIGHT of our trip. I fed a real live MONKEY!! (www.plzoo.com)

The Circle B Supper Show was fun entertainment and good food as well! The Muder Mystery was a bit cheezy and we sat in the back. You need to sit up close. They don't use their speaker system most of the time, so it was hard for my 85 year old daddy to hear.

We stayed at the Clarion at the Palace. Sharon, James, Katherine, and Robert were great. If you stay there tell them Angel and her daddy Morris sent ya!!

It was a reasonable price and had wonderful people running the front desk. It also must have the most comfortable beds in the whole city!!

There is a purple building that does 2 for 1 tickets.

The Branson Guest Card will save you money too. You can get it differen places. Don't pay for it. It is free.

Save On Branson gave me discounted tickets for $25 for the Showboat each for agreeing to go to a "sales pitch". (on internet for $63) If you can stand the sales people - not a bad deal.

(Branson Getaways is okay - lots of clerical errors and nonsense - but they did save me money on tickets. You have to go to a "timeshare" sales pitch. That guy was RUDE and didn't like NO! When I said for 6k I could finish my MASTERS, he said, "What are you going to do with that?" HELLO I AM A TEACHER! I thought that was way out of line and wouldn't have bought dollar bills for a dime from him at that point.)

(The wax museum did not live up to my expectations and is way over priced. I did like the photo they take of you when you first arrive. It is with King Kong. The Titanic is okay if you like that kind of thing. The employee did not tell us what to do with our "boarding passes" only cared about me putting up my camera because no photos are allowed.)

All in all - we had a blast. It was my first time there and my daddy and I loved it!

If you need any more info, feel free to send me an email!

Happy travels!!

Mentioned in this post
Branson
Branson
Missouri
The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
The Branson Clarion...
452 Reviews
Branson, MO
The Butterfly Palace
The Butterfly Palace
1,158 Reviews
Branson, MO
Silver Dollar City
Silver Dollar City
9,235 Reviews
Branson, MO
Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Grand Country Resort
Grand Country Resort
578 Reviews
Branson, MO
The Branson Hotel
The Branson Hotel
223 Reviews
Branson, MO
Baldknobbers Motor Inn
Baldknobbers Motor Inn
98 Reviews
Branson, MO
The Haygoods
The Haygoods
3,446 Reviews
Branson, MO
Branson's Promised Land Zoo
Branson's Promised Land...
1,244 Reviews
Branson, MO
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

Thanks for taking time to write your review. The suggestions are very helpful.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,568 posts
6,174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

Enjoyed reading - we had a great trip to Branson in October....

so it was fun to hear how it would be to travel at Christmas.

Mentioned in this post
Branson
Branson
Missouri
Garwin, Iowa
Level Contributor
239 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

Thanks for the review and suggestions! I hadnt read about the Drive Thru Zoo, and I know my daughter will love it!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

Where did you find tickets to SDC for $30. Thank you in advance.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

Most places of lodging sell tickets to SDC at 2 days for the price of 1. Check out the link below for special offers to SDC:

bransonsilverdollarcity.com/offers-packages/…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

Hello.

The SDC tickets were one day tickets. I bought them in the month of December for our trip.

7. Re: Had a good time in Branson - here is my review/suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:17