We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

Wichita, Kansas
1 post
Save Topic
girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

My sisters and I are planning a Branson girls weekend in June. We've got most of our stuff figured out, but want to have one evening where we can dress up and go somewhere nice for dinner and possibly a show. Any suggestions

Berryville, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

I have heard that the Moon River Grill is pretty good. Then you could go straight from there to a show at the Andy Williams Theater. I don't know what type of music you're into, but there are several different shows throughout the season at his theater. The Moon River Theater's site should have more info.

The Showboat Branson Belle may also be something to consider. Then you get to cruise Table Rock Lake on a riverboat and have dinner and a show included.

It really all depends on what type of show you would like to see. Most people are going to be dressed relatively casually no matter which show you choose.

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

There is a pretty nice Mexican joint on the landing. Other than that I don't know of any "dress up" restaurants in Branson. And i dont know if i would call the mexican place "dress up" worthy. If I were you I'd take the 45 min drive up to Springfield. A lot better restaurants. Branson is mostly ma and pa catfish buffets.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

Branson is NOT mostly ma and pa catfish buffets. There are buffets in Branson. There are ma and pa restaurants. There are chains. There are places that offer Mexican, Italian, American, seafood, barbeque, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, etc.

Chateau on the Lake has restaurants for "dress-up" dining. So does Big Cedar resort just a few miles south of Branson. Check out the new Black Oak Grille, Cantina Loredo, or Texas Land and Cattle at the Landing and then go to Ernie Biggs Piano Bar. Or go to Landry's, Moon River Grill, or Jack's Plaza View on the 76 strip and then go to a show.

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

In addition to Chateau on the Lake (which also has lovely views), I highly recommend:

Candlestick - just opposite Branson Landing across Lake Taneycomo. About 10 mins from the landing. Every table has a great view, the food is very good, and the wine list is extensive and a bargain (well, by California standards). Occasional live music. http://www.candlestickinn.com/ Take a look at the view!

Level 2 Steak House - prior to the tornado this was on the top floor of the Hilton Convention Center hotel. They have temporarily relocated across the street to Branson Landing. The food is outstanding and they have more than just steaks. After dinner you could visit some of the bars/entertainment places on the Landing. http://www.level2steakhouse.com/

Moon River Grill has pretty good food but I find the lighting level in the restaurant to be too bright for my taste. The bar, on the other hand, is lovely and properly lit so is less jarring and you can order dinner in there.

Be aware that most Branson evening shows start at either 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm. So you either need to go for a quite early dinner (and somehow it seems funny to be getting dressed up for a 4:30 or 5:00 dinner) OR go to an afternoon show then dinner later.

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

I also would have recommended Candlestick Inn - unfortunately it was destroyed in the Leap Year Tornado and won't be back on line for several months. The Chateau on the Lake is the nicest restaurant in town with the best views. Good Girl Friends dining.

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

What a bummer about Candlestick! I thought I had kept up with the tornado damage but missed this one, and a big miss it was. Thanks Barefoot for letting us know and let's all hope they are back in business as soon as possible.

7. Re: girls weekend--someplace to dress up!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:43