We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf courses in Branson area

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golf courses in Branson area

Playing golf next week in Branson (Wed-Fri) and considering the following courses:

Branson Creek, Payne Stewart, Ledgestone, and Murder Rock.

Any info about ratings, conditions, or suggestions would be appreciated. It's a guy trip for above average and experienced golfers.

Thanks,

par4tex

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
776 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf courses in Branson area

check out 1branson.com forums and ask your questions there. Specifically ask a poster by the name of notjlb.......he seems to know a lot about Branson golfing.

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf courses in Branson area

Branson creek and Payne Stewart are far and away the best 2 public courses not only in branson, but all of SW MO/Northern Ark. Branson Creek was the first of the two, both owned by Troon Golf. I have played both many times, and I prefer Branson Creek, but not by much. I prob feel that way because I've played it more, and I shoot better there because I'm pretty familiar with the layout. Branson Creek has no clubhouse, just a double wide trailer. I know, it's weird. Payne Stewart has a beautiful clubhouse. Both courses are immaculately kept, Payne probably a little more so. Just seems like they have more $$$ to work with there. I have played golf all over the country, and these are two of my favorite courses. If you can only play 2 courses in Branson, play these 2. Ledgestone is nice, but not comparable in my opinion. Don't go to Murder Rock. It's right next door to Branson Creek, has a great clubhouse, but the course is nowhere near comparable. Don't waste your money. Look around online and you can play Branson Creek and Payne at a very reasonable price. I hope you are excited to go play these courses. You're in for a pleasant surprise.

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf courses in Branson area

Check out http://www.explorebransongolf.com/. It's the Chamber of Commerce golf site and has excellent info (unbiased) on all the courses. I agree w/ the above that Branson Creek & Payne Stewart should be on your list. You will also enjoy Ledgestone and I think Murder Rock should be a consideration. Some ratings have these three courses in the top five in Missouri. You'll have a great time.

4. Re: Golf courses in Branson area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:17