We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

We've be in Branson over the weekend and would have time to see one evening show Friday Nov. 23rd. Any suggestions on a good one to take DS 17 to?. He prefers pop to country music. His favorite artists are probably Katie Perry and Celine Dion. Being a younger person who doesn't listen to oldies I don't think tribute shows, ledgends shows would be tht appealing. I'm sure all the shows are good, but I don't even know where to start / what to consider. Would love opinons / thoughts.

Oh and shows we've already seen on other Branson trips that look like they are still around are: (Would want to see something we haven't already seen, so these wouldn't be on the list)

Kirby Vanburch

Jim Stafford

#1 Hits of the 60s

Shoji Tabuchi

Thanks so much.

Dunkirk, Indiana
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

Pierce arrow

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

You should really go to the Haygoods. Young family that plays more pop/rock but some traditional also. Every show will have Christmas songs also.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

Thank you both for the suggestions. I'll read some reviews, etc. and look into these.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

Here is a description of the Andy Williams Theatre show. Sounds like there are some acts he might relate to:

http://www.andywilliamstheatre.com/#!andy-williams-christmas-show/cx8k

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

My vote would be for the Haygoods.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

Thank you all for the great suggestions. We ended up going to see the Haygoods (a recomendation of some of the posters here and the concierge at our hotel -- The concierge said there would be some country because it is Branson after all, but other kinds of music too and that it would be her recommendation for a singing show for us). The great news is that my son really enjoyed the show, even got the CD of the performance. // Not as positive is that I didn't personally like the show. The family was talented enough and had good voices,good stage presence, etc., but I just didn't care for the song selections. They were too country for my tastes. // Given the choice of DS liking it or me I'm actually glad he was the one who enjoyed it as I was the one pushing a show (hated to go all the way to Branson and not see at least one show).

Edited: 26 November 2012, 02:29
7. Re: Show to take DS 17 to -- prefers pop to country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 01:16