We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time from SDC.

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel time from SDC.

We will be in Branson the week of May 22nd. Everyone on this forum has given us wonderful advice, but I have one final question. We are going to SDC on Thursday, May 25th, but have reservations for a show on the Strip at 8 PM. What time should we leave SDC to make sure we get to the show on time? I wasn't sure how much traffic there would be that time of year.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
945 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time from SDC.

It depends on where on the strip the show is, and how familiar with the alternate routes you are. If the show is say, Ray Stevens or Shoji Tabuchi, those would be quick to get to. Silver Dollar City closes down at 7pm for their evening show anyway.

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time from SDC.

Den&Holly, the show we are seeing is Pierce Arrow. We've never been to Branson, but will be arriving there on a Monday, so should be familiar with the alternate roads by Thursday. I'm assuming the time involved is from traffic and not the distance?

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel time from SDC.

Pierce Arrow is not on the strip and you can get to it quickly! When you come back into Branson, make a left turn at the light at intersection of Hwy 76 (the strip) and Shepherd of the Hills Expressway. Pierce Arrow is a short distance down the SHE and will be on your right. If attendance is heavy at SDC that day, will take a while to get back into town, but if crowd is not big, won't be a bad trip (15 - 30 minutes!) Be sure and get a map showing the red, yellow and blue routes when you arrive in Branson (they are free at motels/attractions) and familiarize yourself with them to save time in getting to various destinations by avoiding the Strip! We've never gotten 'caught' in traffic returning from SDC, but on busy days, it can take up to 2 hours to get there (normally a 10 - 15 minute drive!) Enjoy Branson!

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel time from SDC.

Thanks shis. This is our first Branson visit and we are looking forward to it. I'm hoping that since school is still in and it is during the week, that there won't be too much traffic. I'll do as you suggest, and just base what time we leave on the crowd that day.