We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson Balloon

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Branson Balloon

Does anyone know if the Branson Balloon is up and running? I read somewhere that it had been damaged during a storm. How much time should one allow themselves to get on the balloon during the summer months? Thank you!

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Branson Balloon

We went on the balloon last year, and just walked up and got right on! Don't know if it is operational now or not, but am headed to Branson tomorrow and will try to check it out and post on it when we get home Monday! One suggestion: weather plays an important factor in whether the balloon goes up or not --- rain, wind, etc. So if the weather is questionable when you are in Branson, do the balloon first chance you have and don't leave it for a last day activity!!

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Branson Balloon

Thanks for your reply! I look forward to you letting me know if its up and running.

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Branson Balloon

Returned home from Branson Sunday night. Drove by the Branson Balloon Port Sunday afternoon and the balloon itself is not there! The driveway is blocked, no one around, no signs posted, so don't know what the status is other than it is not on site/operational as of today! Hopefully, it will be repaired by the time you arrive! As to something else you might enjoy, we went to the Kirby VanBurch magical show and it was great! You can buy tickets at almost 1/2 price at the Branson 2 for 1 Ticket store which is located across from the Titanic. This IS NOT a timeshare, you just walk in, give them the money (I think they require cash!) and they give you a voucher to redeem at the show's ticket office. Tickets were $29.95 ea and we paid $35 for 2 adult tickets. They have tickets to several shows, but not all! Can't wait to go back to Branson this summer!

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Branson Balloon

Hope you had a great time in Branson. Thanks for checking out the balloon for me. I hope its fixed by August. Thought it would be something different for the kids. I made note of the Kirby Van Burch Magic Show. Do you think its good for a 16 and 11 year old?

I guess I'll wait a couple of months and then post about the balloon again to see if anyone knows if its running. Thanks again!

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Branson Balloon

I think Kirby's show would be enjoyed by adults and kids of all ages.Some elementary aged kids sat by me and they were mesmerized! The adults were entertained as well; my husband and I are still trying to figure out how he "did what he did" -- woman was in cage when the drape was thrown over it --- when drape was removed, a HUGE snake had replaced the woman! "Sawed" 2 women in two, put the crates they were in back together, and the colors of the pants/trousers they were wearing had been switched between the 2 women; Unicorn with woman (Kirby's wife) riding it disappeared on stage, made a helicopter 'appear' on stage, and his wife came out of it! He also had people in audience hold up objects they pulled out of purses, pockets, etc. His wife was blindfolded and had back turned to audience, and she identified what each person held up. At end of show, Kirby stated that the only 'magic' in this world is God's Magic, and what he (Kirby) does is only illusions and that he is only able to do that with God's help. It's nice to hear entertainers give glory and praise to God! I think your teenager, as well as the entire family, will enjoy this show! We plan on being there a few more times this summer, and I'll try to remember to update you on the Bransoon Balloon!Have a great time when you get to Branson!

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Branson Balloon

Thanks again for your info. I would appreciate any information you get on the balloon. We're not going to Branson till mid August. Thanks again!!

Dunkirk, Indiana
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Branson Balloon

Yes the ballon was damage during a tornado that struck in Branson. Our host at the Honeysuckle Inn told us this. We were there in April.

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Branson Balloon

Thank you! I'm hoping its up and running by August.

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Branson Balloon

I'm curious about the balloon myself, so called them to find out status! They guy told me the new balloon is supposed to ship from the factory May 26 , they're allowing 7 days to get it operational and are hopping to be up and 'sailing' first part of June! In case you want to follow up yourself later, their telephone # is 417-336-6060. Forgot to ask website, but sounds like it should be back in business by the time you get to Branson!

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Branson Balloon

Oops! Guess "flying" would've been a better word!