We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping

Zion, Illinois
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Camping

My husband, our young son and I are planning to camp in the are the last week in May. When hubs was last in the area, as a teenager, his family stayed at Lake of the Ozarks SP. Is that still a good campground? If so, what area should we try to reserve? We'll be using a pop-up. TIA!

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping

Are you going to the Branson area or are you going to the Lake of the Ozarks area? Lake of the Ozarks State Park is on Lake of the Ozarks which is a couple of hours north of Branson.

Table Rock Lake is on the outskirts of Branson and has Table Rock Lake SP. I have camped at Table Rock Lake SP several times in a pop-up and in a trailer. It's a great place to camp. Some sites do not have water or hook-ups but many do. Bathhouses were renovated within the last 5 years. If you go online to the Missouri State Parks website, you can look at pictures of individual campsites and you can make reservations on line. If you are going to stay for more than 2 days, you do need to have reservations.

Zion, Illinois
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping

Maybe my in-laws were confused on where they stayed. I do know they were near Branson and went to Silver Dollar City. Guess I need to figure it out.

Thanks!

3. Re: Camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Branson