We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SDC Wilderness Cabins too far away???

El Dorado...
2 posts
Save Topic
SDC Wilderness Cabins too far away???

We are going Dec 13-15 with our 3 young kiddos. We are doing the polar express train and the Dixie stampede show and will do the Christmas light drive. This trip is all about our kids and holiday fun. I was wanting something other than a hotel or condo or huge resort and found the sdc wilderness cabins. The price range ($120) is right for us and the kids would love it, just wondering after reading about traffic, traffic, traffic, if it's too far out and away from places to eat, and our "to do" plans? My google map is saying 20+ minutes. Is that normal? We are looking forward to surprising our kids with this trip, thanks!

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SDC Wilderness Cabins too far away???

SDC Wilderness Cabins are not too far out. You could stay in the middle of Branson and still have a 20 minute drive to places to eat, attractions, etc. depending on the time of the day, where you are going, what route you are using, etc. Hope you're planning on visiting SDC while you are there. SDC's Old Time Christmas is fantastic.

El Dorado...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SDC Wilderness Cabins too far away???

Thanks so much for your input! Definitely going to stay at the cabins:) I really would like to go to SDC but between the cost of it, I know we will get more for our money with the other 2 things as far as our kids go. Since we wouldn't be riding any rides, the prices seemed pretty high to my hubby. Kids are 4,8,8; we are doing the train Friday night (6:30) and DS on Sat night (5:30), the cost for SDC would be $280. We will definitely be coming back, we live in south Arkansas. Thanks again!

3. Re: SDC Wilderness Cabins too far away???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:17