We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help for activities - fish without a license?

Iowa
Level Contributor
55 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Need help for activities - fish without a license?

My husband won a 7 day/night trip in July from his work. We will be staying in a condo and bringing our 3 kids plus 1: 22 year old son and gf, 20 year old son and 16 year old daughter. One son wants to fish - can you fish without a fishing license somewhere? Thought about SDC, Chinese Acrobats, magic show? Sorry, we don't like country music all that well so that's about it for shows unless someone has another recommendation. Day trip to Arkansas or Memphis? 7 days seems like a long time so trying to have enough things to keep us busy. Not much of a sit around by the pool type of family except maybe one afternoon.... any suggestions? We love history, like to eat at unusual places or visit off the beaten path attractions...Thanks for any suggestions!

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help for activities - fish without a license?

You will need a fishing license to fish. They aren't very expensive. Look into lilleys landing on lake taneycomo. Very close to the strip and great trout fishing.

2. Re: Need help for activities - fish without a license?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 12:35
missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help for activities - fish without a license?

Your kids might enjoy zip lining. I saw Adventure Zuplines tickets are sold at Branson2for1Tickets. Will save you lots of $$$$$. Be sure you go to the one at the corner of 76 Hwy and Roark Valley Road, front of building is painted purple. The only business of this type NOT associated with timeshares.! We use them often. SIX is good show, not country. 6 adult brothers who use their voices to create musical instrument sounds. If you enjoy religious themes, Sight and Sound is a beautiful theater that does magnificent productions. Ralph Foster Museum at the College of the Ozarks is nice, and their charge is nominal. There are several non country shows: The Cats Pajamas, Red, Hot and Blue, the Haygoods ( very popular with young adults) several rock and roll themed shows. Doug Gabriel, just to name a few.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help for activities - fish without a license?

Your kids might enjoy zip lining. I saw Adventure Zuplines tickets are sold at Branson2for1Tickets. Will save you lots of $$$$$. Be sure you go to the one at the corner of 76 Hwy and Roark Valley Road, front of building is painted purple. The only business of this type NOT associated with timeshares.! We use them often. SIX is good show, not country. 6 adult brothers who use their voices to create musical instrument sounds. If you enjoy religious themes, Sight and Sound is a beautiful theater that does magnificent productions. Ralph Foster Museum at the College of the Ozarks is nice, and their charge is nominal. There are several non country shows: The Cats Pajamas, Red, Hot and Blue, the Haygoods ( very popular with young adults) several rock and roll themed shows. Doug Gabriel, just to name a few. If you choose to go to Silver Dollar City, here are a couple of options since you will be in Branson 7 days. If you go into the park after 3 pm, you can return the next day on the same ticket. On the 2nd day, you can go in when the park opens and stay as long as you want. Many places sell a '2 Days for the Price of 1 Day ticket. This will give you the opportunity to spend 2 full days in the park for the same price as you would pay for 1 day. And I don 't think you have to go on consecutive days.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help for activities - fish without a license?

You will need fishing license. You might want to check out White Water Park, I'm sure your family would enjoy spending a day there, lots of fun. Also, go to the Dixie Stampede which is a show & dinner, very entertaining. If you want magic show, check out the Kirby Van Burch show, he is really good. There is also LOTS of outlet shopping, which I'm sure your daughter would enjoy. You could also do the Titanic and go down to the Landing in the evening for entertainment, dining and shopping. I'm sure once you get there will find enough things to keep you busy for a week, I know I would and I have been there numerous times!

Iowa
Level Contributor
55 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help for activities - fish without a license?

Thanks for all your suggestions! We will look into getting a fishing license and check out some of the things mentioned.

7. Re: Need help for activities - fish without a license?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:19