We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to and from Branson....suggestions anyone ?

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to and from Branson....suggestions anyone ?

Oh so many questions..... We have never been to Branson so we are really looking forward to our trip in July ! Here is my first question....on our last day there we are planning to go to Silver Dollar City and then drive a couple of hours to stay in a hotel to cut down on our driving time the next day...we would like to drive no more that 2 1/2 hours outside of Branson along I-44 E but as I look at maps there doesn't seem to much between there and St. Louis where we could stop. Does anyone have any suggestions that would fit into our time frame? On our way to Branson we plan to stop and spend the night around St. Louis but don't want to go quite that far on the way back after spending a long day at SDC ( especially since we will have our two young children with us). Thanks for any and all suggestions! I'm sure I will have many more questions as the time gets closer to our trip!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to and from Branson....suggestions anyone ?

You might want to check out Rolla. That is a pretty good size town and is apprx. 2 1/2 hrs from Branson. There are several exits for the town. So you should definitely find some place to stay overnight there.;

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to and from Branson....suggestions anyone ?

Thanks! Rolla is perfect !

Rockwall, TX
Level Contributor
159 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to and from Branson....suggestions anyone ?

There is a Hampton Inn in Rolla that we stayed at five years ago.

4. Re: Traveling to and from Branson....suggestions anyone ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:15