We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions on accomodations

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st. charles...
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions on accomodations

I am looking for suggestions on a nice hotel/resort in Branson, we have 2 kids and have not visited for many years, any ideas on where to start? It would be for the spring or summer next year. Thanks.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions on accomodations

do you want on the lake? or the strip... Lake house? cabin? Price range? I know it's a lot of questions , but it would give me a better idea of what you want.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions on accomodations

A little more information would be helpful. Another question would be if a pool is a neccessity. There were 12 of us who went to Branson in early August. We wanted to experience Branson and then be able to get away from the craziness. We rented a 4 bed/4 bath cabin at Stonebridge which is about 3 miles from the strip. We really enjoyed our stay. The complex is huge and we had to do a little extra driving, but the accomodations were wonderful. They rent all types of accomodations including condos, villas and lodges.

http://www.stonebridgenightlyrentals.com/

If you haven't checked it out, you might also want to look at another forum for Branson:

www.1branson.com

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions on accomodations

One more thing I wanted to add.....

If we go next time and want to stay closer to town but not on the strip, I might look into Chateau on the Lake.

http://www.chateauonthelake.com/

missouri
Level Contributor
46 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions on accomodations

Blue Haven Resort has been our family favorite for years. Nothing fancy just clean cabins, nice folks and a great lake for trout fishing.

http://www.branson.com/bluehaven/

Dunkirk, Indiana
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions on accomodations

My wife and I stayed at the Honeysuckle Inn. It is right off of the strip and in the north west part of town. Great packages on there web site. www.honeysuckleinn.com

st. charles...
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions on accomodations

Hi All,

Honestly I am not real sure what exactly I am looking for...I know one thing it must have a pool. Just can't decide if the kids ages 4 and 10 would enjoy a cabin (I would) or a hotel/resort type place, on the lake would be great as my husband and son love to fish, I will check out everyones suggestions thanks!!

st. charles...
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions on accomodations

Wow, I just checked out Stonebridge Nightly Rentals and the lodges look fantastic, this looks like someplace my family would love!!! Any input on this place would be appreciated!!

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestions on accomodations

We really enjoyed staying there. The entrance to Stonebridge is located about 3 miles west of Silver Dollar City. The lodges were very nicely appointed. We had 12 people in our group, 6 adults and 6 children ages 3, 6, 9, 11, 11 & 13. We stayed in lodge #3 which is a 4 bed/4bath. By where our lodges were located, the lodges that were ground level walk-ins had a beautiful view from the back porch that was wooded and overlooked a small creek. The lodges where there are a number of stairs to climb looked out to flat bare grounds.

There are two pools to use. The one we used is the one located at the club house. Because the complex is so huge, you'll need to drive to the pools. We didn't use them, but there are also tennis courts for your use. There is also a nice small playground a short walking distance from the lodges. The only real complaint we had was that the sofa bed mattress was the worse I had ever seen. Housekeeping came by with several mattress covers to put on the mattess which helped. There is also a train that goes through the area of the property where the lodges are located. It went past a couple times a night. Most of the time there was a short whistle that blew about 1/4 mile down, which was still quite loud. I was so tired most nights that it didn't really bother me. My husband and most of the others in the group never even heard it.

If you don't stop for brochures on the way down, the Welcome Center at Stonebridge has a nice array of brochures, booklets and maps. Even better than one of the newer centers we stopped at on the way in.

9. Re: suggestions on accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 02:16