We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week after Christmas - what & where?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
127 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Week after Christmas - what & where?

My husband and I are planning a getaway - 12/26 - 1/1 and Branson is on the list of possible destinations. Assuming the weather is compliant, what to do and where to stay? Neither of us are country music fans, so not terribly interested in those shows. We'd like to spend less than $100/night - as long as it isn't the Super 8. LOL Something Holiday Inn express-type would be fine. I've been to Branson but it was 20+ years ago and I know I wouldn't recognize a thing. *s*

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
771 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week after Christmas - what & where?

There are lots of shows in Branson that aren't country music, but before you get too far along in your planning, be sure and check show schedules as I think lots of places down there will be closed during the time you plan on vacationing! Another good web site to read is 1branson.com. Lots of local people from Branson are on that forum and give lots of good information. I would recommend staying at Whispering Hills, Scenic Hills. Both places would be about $75/night and offer decent continental breakfasts. Whispering Hills has the better brkfst, with biscuits/gravy, waffles, scrambled eggs along with the normal breakfast stuff! They also have free cobbler with ice cream every evening from 930 - 11:30. Not fancy motels, but spacious, and very clean!

I

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
127 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week after Christmas - what & where?

You're right - not a whole lot going on that week show-wise. Hmmm - what else to do?

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
771 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week after Christmas - what & where?

If you like to shop, some good outlet mall shopping in Branson! Also the new Branson Landing has some good stores, not outlet pricing though! Good eateries at the Landing! Haven't toured the Titanic Museum yet, although have heard it is interesting. A good museum at the College of the Ozarks, just a few minutes from Branson proper! Check out the Branson Belle, a paddlewheel boat. Can tour (free) the Stone Hill Winery in Branson and sample several of their wines at the end of the tour. If you like outdoor activities, Dogwood Canyon is a good spot to hike and take in the scenery! Weather permitting! If the theater would happen to be open, be sure to stop at Shoji's and take a look at the fancy bathrooms ---- pool table in the men's! Lots of people just stop to see the bathrooms! Shepherd of the Hills has an observation tower that provides a good look at the entire area around Branson! We usually spend our time in Branson at Silver Dollar City and going to shows, so not real good at activies otherwise! Maybe someone else can come up with some ideas for you! Whatever you decide, I"m sure you'll have a good time ---- just getting away from the daily grind is good!

Missouri
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Week after Christmas - what & where?

The Cascades is clean and worth the price. They have an indoor pool, small hot tub and breakfast each morning. They take discounts from AAA, AARP, and military. Good luck!

Oklahoma
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Week after Christmas - what & where?

If you r still interested in going to Branson after Christmas --

Silver Dollar City will be open and the Showboat Branson Belle is open just check their schedule. I agree with the shopping. I have

found some really good deals after Christmas in the past.

6. Re: Week after Christmas - what & where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 17:23