We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

14 of us will be traveling to Chalets on Table Rock Lake in early June. It appears to still be under construction, way behind schedule. The YouTube videos seemed really promising last September, but we're getting a bit nervous, as we reserved in late November, were told there were reservations this winter, and now we're told there are problems with contractors. Anyone have any advice, or ideas for a Plan B?

Talking Rocks Cavern
Caverns & Caves, Hiking Trails, Mini Golf
Moon Struck Pottery
Lessons & Workshops, Gift & Speciality Shops
Mid Lakes Guide Service
Fishing Charters & Tours
19 replies to this topic
Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

I visit the Branson area almost every month. Some construction projects have completely shut down and have been abandoned. That being said, I'm not saying that is what has happened with Chalets. Personally I would make reservations for another place and not count on Chalets being ready in June. There are several resorts on Indian Point or in other areas around Table Rock that can handle your size group.

USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate the candor, and the observation about some of the developments around Branson. Hate to be skittish, but then again, we'd hate to be woken up everyone morning with the sound of construction...On our own unit....

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

WE also have reservations this summer. Has anyone ever even stayed there? How do we know its ligit?

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

Is there a website? I can't find one for Chalets on Table Rock Lake. How did you make reservations? I ask because there have been developments/resorts where people made reservations and/or bought property and there wasn't a development to go to .

USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

I posted the original question. You can find Chalets on Table Rock Lake on vrbo.com. We wound up cancelling and renting a vacation house in Lake of the Ozarks because we couldn't take the chance that the chalets wouldn't be ready. I hope the development pulls through, because the plans were outstanding-- great for large groups, but not so many units as to risk overcrowding. And the dock access looked great, the shared pool amazing, and the floor plans and design choices were tasteful. If they'd been able to post new YouTube videos to reassure us of the progress, we might have risked it, but as it is, if they're able to finish, we might take another look at it again in the future. Even if it's more expensive than the first season is offering, it would still be worth it, it has everything going for it.

Edited: 16 March 2011, 13:18
KS
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

Have been there this month.. Chalets are complete and outstanding !!! Pool is almost finished and should be complete the end of this month/or beginning of May. They are 'beautiful, peaceful and the view is outstanding". They will be posting new videos and pictures this month also and updating the site. We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the screened in patio with fireplace. The mainfloor deck was great to sit on and enjoy our evening meal. And with 5 bedrooms, and a futon in the the gameroom area, we had plenty of room for the 12 of us. What was a pleasant surprise was the flatscreen TVs in each of the rooms !! And a BIG one downstairs in the family room with lots of DVD movies to choose from. And LOVE the boatdock slip, with eating area and diving and swimming area..great fun for everyone!

USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

Glad to hear it. We'll defintely be checking for the video updates this month.

Branson, MO
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

I am the brother of the owner (and also the web developer). Yes, they are complete. They are gorgeous, inside and out. It really is a special piece of land and Steve and Connie have done an excellent job making this the best luxury resort in Branson.

The website is almost complete and will be up and running next week at http://www.chaletsontablerocklake.com (right now access is secured until ready to go live). There will be plenty of pics and info, and you will be able to book and view availability from the website. There will also be an automated map where you can put in your starting address and it will output printable directions.

Time to get back to working on the website :)

David F.

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

I saw that you have a reservation to stay at Chalets at Table Rock Lake in early June. We have a family reunion booked there in July. I am getting nervous because the owner hasn't returned my phone calls, I've paid half of the stay already, and I have a suspicion this may not be legitimate.

What are your thoughts? Where are the people that have already stayed there?Call me if you can or email me at cabelnap@yahoo.com Thanks.

Courteney

817-424-3620

Edited: 03 June 2011, 10:42
Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?

I just tried accessing the website mentioned by the web developer/brother of the owner. Wants a password and other info -- a Windows security warning came up so I shut down that tab quickly. I, too, would be very concerned if the owner had not returned my phone calls.

Reply to: Chalets on Table Rock Lake?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Branson West