We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for dinner in Hermann?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
31 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Good place for dinner in Hermann?

Doing a bachelorette trip for 9 ladies on a Saturday in early April. Doing wine tasting and then looking for a nice place to eat dinner. The bride is not a huge fan of traditional German food. Have seen mixed reviews for the Black Walnut Bistro (makes me a little hesitant considering the prices). Anyone have any recommendations? In town would be preferable but not a must.

Thanks!!!

5 replies to this topic
St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place for dinner in Hermann?

We really liked The Cottage. Call and ask about a party of nine - the place isn't that big, but I'm sure they can do it.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g44481-d15…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place for dinner in Hermann?

We just ate at Black Walnut Bistro for the first time and it was excellent. We went on a Sunday in March for dinner so it wasn't crowded at all, but our server was great and we had zero complaints. It has a more upscale "city" feel than anything else in Hermann. The Cottage is good too, but is more traditional comfort food.

Edited: 20 March 2013, 12:34
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place for dinner in Hermann?

We just ate at Black Walnut Bistro for the first time and it was excellent. We went on a Sunday in March for dinner so it wasn't crowded at all, but our server was great and we had zero complaints. It has a more upscale "city" feel than anything else in Hermann. The Cottage is good to, but is more traditional comfort food.

Hermann, Missouri
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place for dinner in Hermann?

the cottage is good. the Alpenhorn Gasthaus is really good but you need a reservation.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place for dinner in Hermann?

I think you would really enjoy the Black Walnut bistro.We had our best meal there out of all the places we ate.I agree with another post,that the Alpenhorn Gasthaus was very good ,but pricey.Both are worth the trip but pretty much opposite of each other as far as atmosphere.

Even though i enjoyed the Bistro,i would suggest calling and reserving a table at the Gasthaus for a table of nine.Go to the Black Walnut Bistro for lunch or coffee & dessert is my suggesion.Enjoy your trip.

Reply to: Good place for dinner in Hermann?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hermann
More Hermann Topics