We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Sayulita...

Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Duluth, MN
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
One day in Sayulita...

My wife and two teenage daughters (13 & 16) are staying in PV in February and would like to ride the bus and spend a day in Sayulita. We'd like to rent a couple boards and get our daughters some surfing lessons.

I understand you can rent a palapa and a couple chairs on the beach, and the beginner surfing area is to the right as you look at the ocean. Can we rent boards and get drinks, cervezas, and snacks close by? Are there public restrooms nearby?

How about a couple other places to walk to that might offer something interesting. I saw a place called "my Jewellery shop" that looked interesting in someone's picture that said it was by the river. Any been there or have better directions?

Anything other info on what we should bring or do while there for the day would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Sayulita...

Everything in Sayulita is close by:)

There are several restaurants right on the beach and the waiters are happy to run back and forth serving beer and lunch. You will be able to use their restrooms.

The downtown core is really only about 4 blocks square so you can't get lost. There are lots of interesting little shops. You'll likely see My Jewelry Shop when you come into town, it will be on your right just after you cross over the bridge, you know "by the river". don't worry, you'll understand once you see Sayulita.

Just bring some sunscreen, beach towels, camera and dinero.

Have fun!

Duluth, MN
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Sayulita...

Thanks for the reply, from looking at all the pictures people have posted of their time spent in Sayulita it looks like we will enjoy it!

illinois
Level Contributor
541 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Sayulita...

We are not sure if it is a problem but last year the beach seemed dirty compared to San Pancho so not sure what comes out of the river in Sayulita.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Sayulita...

I gather from the other post by GregIllinois that he was here in November, this would explain why he found the water/beach to not be as clean as San Pancho. November is the tail end of rainy season when the rivers are still running higher than normal and with that water comes some silt and mud from the mountains. Generally only the area surrounding the river is muddy while the rest of the bay is beautiful and clean. Now that we are in February there is very little water flowing from the river so it's not an issue at all. San Pancho does not have a protective bay, their beach is open to the ocean and not as suitable for swimming but it is beautiful and a great spot to enjoy lunch and get some sun.

5. Re: One day in Sayulita...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 05:24