We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share boat - snorkeling trip to Islas Marietas on Dec. 20?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Share boat - snorkeling trip to Islas Marietas on Dec. 20?

Our family of 2 adults, 3 children (15, 9, 7) will be going to do the snorkelling / wild-life watching / sightseeing trip to the pristine offshore wildlife sanctuaries of Islas Marietas on Dec. 20th from mid-morning, for about 3 - 4 hours.

I understand the co-operative (Caseta Cooperativa Corral de Riscos Servicios Turisticos) boat or panga holds 10 and cost is around $30 - $40/hr. The panga boat leaves from the fishing co-op in Playa Anclote in the town of Punta Mita.

Would you like to share the fun and cost? If so, please contact us. You can reply to this or send us a "private message" on this forum.

For more info. on Islas Marietas, see Punta de Mita Traveler Article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g499443-s4/Punta-De-M…

Thanks!!

illinois
Level Contributor
553 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Share boat - snorkeling trip to Islas Marietas on Dec. 20?

Hey it worked great. Got 5 other couples all from the Bucerias TA site. Saw whales, boobies, frigates, snorkel, incredible isalnd etc. For some reason no response on Sayulita site.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Share boat - snorkeling trip to Islas Marietas on Dec. 20?

That is awesome Greg!! Thanks so much for your reply! Will you be doing a report on it? Otherwise, can you tell me about the boat - do we need to reserve ahead of time? Which of the boats do you recommend and what was your final cost? Did you bring food on the boat? Did you snorkel during the tour? I have not gotten interested parties yet for ours on Dec. 20th, but noticed that you got people closer to the date, so I am hoping there will be interested people!

Thanks in advance for your tips!

DIbarra

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Share boat - snorkeling trip to Islas Marietas on Dec. 20?

We still have space on our boat , if anyone is interested!

4. Re: Share boat - snorkeling trip to Islas Marietas on Dec. 20?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2010, 06:17