We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sayulita @ Xmas

Kamloops
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sayulita @ Xmas

We are coming to Sayulita for Xmas- Family of 5 with 3 kids age 17-22.

Just wondering if we should consider renting a car..we are there for 9 days ( Xmas - NY) and wonder if the public transport will get us around to other local towns and beaches or would it best best to rent a car. Also how safe are the roads after the flooding?

Kirkland, WA
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sayulita @ Xmas

Last time I was in Sayulita (July) I was able to rent a car for a day in town. It's pretty easy to grab a cab in town in the town square. With that said you will be there during high season and there will be more competition for cabs and cars but I still don't think you'll need a car unless you plan on outings to other towns every day. My guess is that you'll want to hang out in town most of the time and a rental car would just sit parked most of the time.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sayulita @ Xmas

I think Surfdad hit the nail on the head, the car will probably sit a lot but if you do think you'll be doing a lot of traveling around then you need to reserve now because demand will be high. A great alternative would be to use one of the local transportation companies, they use suburbans so you'll all fit in one vehicle. The roads are all fine except that the road over to Punta de Mita still needs a lot of repair, just take it slow because there are lots of potholes and small detours.

3. Re: Sayulita @ Xmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 06:31
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita