We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

techno music at night - all night

Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
techno music at night - all night

Hi,

Just wondered if the techno amplified music that filled the town until 4 or 5 am each night on a previous trip was still the norm. I'm wanting to book another trip and this is a deciding factor for location. We like the hill above town but not if the music is still happening. I'm not talking about 1or 2 in the morning- I'm talking until 4 in the morning amplified techno "music".

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: techno music at night - all night

Apparently it is happening again, I haven't experienced it first hand because I live a bit south of town but I recently read complaints on another forum. For those reading this that are unfamiliar with Sayulita, please know that there are lots of neighborhoods that are unaffected by the bar noise. The offending bars are all near/across from the plaza so many of the homes on the hillside above the plaza have the displeasure of listening to this music until the wee hours. Anything on the north side of the river is probably a safe bet and for sure the coastline just south of Sayulita (Patzcuaro/Patzcuarito) is tranquil 24/7.

Toronto
Level Contributor
186 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: techno music at night - all night

It does make a big difference in where you stay. A few years ago we stayed on the North hill and didn't hear anything but the ocean and now we stay in the South just behind Rollies Restaurant and get a tiny bit of base noise but not enough to bother you. I have confidence that the home owners will be honest if you ask the question.

Good luck in your search.

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: techno music at night - all night

Our experience, based on nine visits to Sayulita over 15 years, is that loud music is just a part of life there. For example, on our most recent visit (a week ago), a wedding at the house next to ours hired a mariachi band that played amplified music until well after midnight. Not much sleep that night. A week later, a group of 20-somethings placed their boombox in a window of their house and played rap/hip-hop/ and other very loud music until midnight two nights in a row. On the day we left, a wedding was being prepared at the same house for the night we flew out. It seems as if there is always a wedding, birthday, holiday, or other celebration that occasions amplified music that goes on and one throughout the night. Sayulita is a marvelous vacation spot, but don't expect it to be peaceful and quiet every night you are there.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: techno music at night - all night

Just to clarify.......I'm not talking special occasion, a couple of times a week, occasional party music, mariachi band music or you're in a little town in Mexico suck up the local noise and music type of music going to midnight or 1:00am. I am talking about loud amplified techno music every night going until 4 or 5 in the morning.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: techno music at night - all night

We just returned from a week in Sayulita. We were staying on the hill just south of the town plaza with a view of both the town center and ocean. The loud techno music was playing every night during our stay from 10pm and going until 2:30am. Because of of close proximity to the town plaza, the music was quite loud and would drown out the sound of the beautiful ocean waves.

6. Re: techno music at night - all night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2011, 06:16