We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset time in Sayulita?

colorado
Level Contributor
833 posts
15 reviews
Sunset time in Sayulita?

Hi there,

i know this is a frivolous question, but what time is sunset in Sayulita? Or, more specifically, until what hour is there sun on the beach/shore?

And, does anyone know how long it typically takes to exit PVR after landing, in late Feb?

Thanks so much for any answers!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

Sunset time in Feb when you go is not to differ much from Colorado, maybe an hour earlier would be my guess?

We were just in the area last week and it was pitch black by 7 or so. It will be earlier in Feb of course.

PV airport, hard to say, it all depends on how many flights arrive at once. But they are a fairly efficiently run airport. On Christmas eve it only took us maybe 25 minutes to get outside -from deplane to walking through the door.

colorado
Level Contributor
833 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

Thanks for your reply! Glad to hear lines at PVR aren't too long.

But, regarding sunset, aren't the days getting longer again? I.e. Won't the sun be setting later in Feb. than now?

thanks!

Kirkland, WA
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

It doesn't change much during the year because it is so much closer to the equator. I've been in Sayulita in July and December and I'd guess that it was maybe 30 minutes different. We were there in early December and it seemed like it set around 5:30. One thing different about Sayulita is that the sunsets are behind the land that sticks out to the south of town so the sunsets aren't over the ocean like most pacific beach towns.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

gak! :-0

yes, of course- I meant to say it will set later in February! But like Surfdad said, not a LOT earlier. The closer to the equator the less of a difference there is. Right at the equator it is 12 hours of dark and 12 of light every day, all year round.

That is always what strikes us oddly about going to Mexico in summer...we were in Sayulita in August and were surprised to find it dark by 7:30 or so! Here at home it stays light until ten or eleven in summer!

Edited: 06 January 2011, 23:36
Sayulita
Level Contributor
607 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

Today sunset will be at 6:37 with last light at 7pm. In late Feb the sunset will be closer to 7 and 7:20 for last light. Now that we have changed from Mountain time to Central time zone it's now one hour later when the sun sets compared to previous years so in early August the sun will be setting closer to 8:30.

colorado
Level Contributor
833 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

Thank you! Great info.

Denver, CO
2 posts
1 review
7. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

Hi-

We are visiting Sayulita this week and have been very confused on the time zones. The owner of our condo didn't even know the answer. Are Sayulita and PV on the same time right now? Or is Sayulita an hour earlier?

Thank you!

Sayulita
Level Contributor
607 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

Sayulita is in the central time zone, same as PV. In case you're looking at the sunset times above you should know that now the sun is setting at 8:46 pm with last light at 9:11.

Denver, CO
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

Wonderful. Thank you very much for the info. We are very excited for our trip. Are there any not-to-miss recommendations? I've researched TripAdvisor and have seen many of your posts. It's great to get a local perspective!

Sayulita
Level Contributor
607 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Sunset time in Sayulita?

If you were visiting during the tourist season I would have some specific suggestions, i.e. whale-watching, a day trip to Vallarta, etc. but this time of year we rejoice in the quiet, solitude and simpler times, there aren't any whales and the Vallarta Malecon is closed for remodeling. But if you're lucky you'll get to experience a thunder and lightening storm more spectacular than any you've experienced. You might want to take advantage of the lack of crowds and learn to surf. If you're looking for some excitement then the zip lines are a must do, that's always a lot of fun.