We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South or North of town preferences and lodging feedback

Minnesota
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
South or North of town preferences and lodging feedback

My wife and I are planning our 20th anniversary and will be staying in Sayulita for a week in November. We've narrowed down our search to several places both south and north of town. Please provide feedback on your experiences/preferences to these areas (south vs north) as well as if you've stayed at any of these places that look real nice. We're avid runners and have no issues with walking hills and/or long distances. We're looking for quiet romance as well as a casita with plenty of outdoor living space to enjoy the view, a few drinks, and a the spectacular sunsets of Sayulita. Here is our list:

South -

1) Casa Carolina and Casa Higuera (appear to have a north view and are very similar if not the same property)

2) Ganesh Casita

3) Villa Bali #4 (does it have an ocean view?)

4) Casa Pacifica 1 bedroom bungalow unit

North -

1) Casa Caramba (upper 1 bedroom)

2) Casita Romantica

3) Casa Soleda

Thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South or North of town preferences and lodging feedback

Hey Minnesota

I have not stayed in any of the places that you have listed but what area of town depends on what you are looking for in a vacation. North end has great views but some of the places have a very long, hilly walk to the town square. The South is nice but you give up some of the views. You should check out Casa Kestos for a 20th anniversary trip. We stayed there our first trip to Sayulita and it is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in my life. My jaw dropped when we walked in the front door from the view. Unbelievable. It is very expensive but for a special occasion it is amazing. The only issue is that you have to take a taxi to or from town as it is a very long walk along the beach.

We actually have purchased a house in the South of Sayulita but it does not have ocean views and I still look at our first trip to Sayulita and the reason we loved it so much was staying at Kestos.

Good luck with your search and have a great anniversary trip.

Stormsam

Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South or North of town preferences and lodging feedback

I feel that Stormsam really hit the nail on the head when he said "what area of town depends on what you are looking for in a vacation". Do you want to stay in the thick of things or would you prefer a quiet retreat to escape to while not in Sayulita?

Villa Bali wouldn't have an ocean but it's in the Patzcuarito neighborhood. I'm not familiar with the specifics or interior of that house, I just know the location. It's very close to Patzcuarito beach which is really lovely if you prefer secluded beaches w/ few, if any, people. There aren't any vendors or services there either but you're close enough to take your own cooler, umbrella etc. and there's another beach, Playa Patzcuaro, about 3/4 mile further south on the same road. If Villa Bali doesn't meet your requirements you might want to consider other homes in the area. As runners you'll probably really appreciate that general area because the road through Patzcuarito and Patzcuaro is great for trail running. It's a mostly single lane dirt road w/little traffic that attracts a lot of early morning runners. Another plus to that area is that, if you have an ocean view or are on the beach, you will see the sun set into the ocean whereas for most of Sayulita it sets behind the point that time of year.

Sayulita, Mexico
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: South or North of town preferences and lodging feedback

Go with Casa Carolina or Casa Higuera. The owners are in the same family and the properties close to one another but distinctly different. Great oceanfront views, nice patios, romantic. You didn't mention a pool and neither have one.

Both have paths down to the beach where you can start your morning run out towards Los Muertos beach and the jungle beyond -- little to no traffic to deal with.

I've stayed at Casa Carolina and have been inside Higuera more than once. You won't be disappointed.

4. Re: South or North of town preferences and lodging feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita
Recent Conversations