We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bongos are BIG Bummer!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Bongos are BIG Bummer!!!

The bongo players have been playing every night In the Sayulita plaza until 2:00-3:00 every morning. It doesn't always have to do with where you are staying. We are very far from the plaza but they pulsate through our earplugs all night.

To me, the bigger loss is the change of activity in the plaza at night. I,ve been here two other recent Christmas times and the plaza was filled with families...kids would be riding bikes and running around and people would be sitting and strolling eating food cart treats and ice creams etc. This is no longer the activity and it is such a shame. It is excluding fAmilies and people who want to sit and enjoy the evening. The noise overtakes the whole area including the restaurant ambiance along the plaza. It does not fit. It is intrusive and offensive. It would be nice to give other entertainers a chance and maybe add some local flavor. It has changed the whole community feel of the plaza and I really feel sorry for folks trying to run restaurants and other businesses along the plaza.

Edited: 28 December 2011, 03:59
Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bongos are BIG Bummer!!!

I am also currently in Sayulita, and I constantly see kids playing soccer in the plaza, running, playing tag, etc. pretty much every night we have been here over the last 2 weeks. I've also seen break dancing, musicians, fire juggling, and many other types of entertainment. There are ALWAYS families watching, talking , and strolling around the plaza. I have been in the plaza pretty much every night, sometimes as early as 7pm, and well after 11-1130pm. As I'm visiting during the week (between Xmas and New Years) which is arguably the busiest week of the year for tourists in Sayulita, I expect that it will return to normal once this week passes.

PS: where I'm staying in the north end, no need for earplugs... I hear crickets and waves crashing. (with the exception of tonight, there is a wedding celebration that is fairly loud a short distance away). This has been the only noise on our trip. Oh, and if you don't like the bongos, don't give them money, as that is what keeps them playing...

2. Re: Bongos are BIG Bummer!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2013, 10:20