We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

Bandon
Level Contributor
48 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

Ok..we are four 50 year YOUNG women coming to Sayulita for the first time this weekend to celebrate our birthdays! Most of us are married or in a relationship so we are not there looking for guys, but would like to find the perfect place to have our first meal there when we arrive. On the beach or with a view would be nice, good margaritas a must! And of course tasty food. Any votes?

Toronto
Level Contributor
197 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

Our first stop is always Don Pedros. It is right on the beach with a great view of the ocean. The food is fantastic. It is a little more expensive than some other places but well worth it for a first or last night dinner. Have a great time.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

You'll have lots of opportunity to eat at the beach restaurants during the day while the beach is the center of activity, but at night the action moves from the beach to the town center. I would pick a place around the plaza with a front row seat for people watching. There are several restaurants to choose from offering Mexican, Italian and International cuisine. You'll probably be a bit worn out from your travels so I would choose Calypso because it's an easy choice. It's above the store overlooking the plaza so you can sit back and relax one floor above street level with views of the surrounding community. Good drinks and a large diverse menu with something for everyone. There are a lot of really good restaurants in town, many are small mom & pop kind of places so be adventurous during your stay and try them all. While at Calypso ask if they have Ahi tuna, they only serve it when they get a fresh catch, it's amazing and a huge portion to boot.

Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

Definitely Don Pedros, as it is on the beach, you can even sit on the sand and listen to the ocean waves. Food is great, atmosphere is good, it is how we always start our trip.

Plenty of other great restaurants to try, Miro Vino, Sayulita Cafe are my other 2 favorites... for another night. Enjoy!

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
621 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

It's been cooler than usual here lately, so I would recommend the beach during the day and something inland for the evening. Perhaps start at Don Pedro's on the beach for a sunset drink, if you get in early enough. Calypso or Miro Vino on the plaza for dinner, absolutely. There are a couple of small Mexican restaurants on the plaza that can be very good, though casual. Carmelita's and Cafe Leyza. Good Mexican food that's geared more to the tourist crowd, and with very good margaritas (I'm told - I'm a beer man myself). As you explore Sayulita during your vacation, I'm sure you'll find any number of wonderful places to eat and drink. Feel free to share your experiences with us all.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,884 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

I haven't done a trip report yet, but we were just in Sayulita and had some great dinners. I think our best dinners were at Cafe Sayulita (give their chef salad a try - good to split) and Don Juan's - had great food and service as well. Don Pedro's and Calypso's were both good as well, though our service wasn't that attentive at Calypso's.

Congrats on your 50th celebration! I am doing the same thing this summer, but in Hawaii. :)

Bandon
Level Contributor
48 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

Thank you all for your input! We are leaving tomorrow and so excited!

Seattle/Tacoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

We just had our first night meal at Leyzas that was a great start to our stay here. They have a great stuffed pineapple that is delicious! I just celebrated my 65th birthday in Nuevo Vallarta. Have fun.

Bandon
Level Contributor
48 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

How fun to meet you last night Diana, a fellow Washingtonian and Birthday Girl! We ended up at Don Pedros for our first night and the dinner was amazing! We had fresh arugula salads, fresh pita bread with olive tapenade, and Fresh Sea Bas with perfectly cooked veggiess…in a beautiful setting. It was better than we expected it to be. Since then we had wonderful breakfasts at Rollies at El Espresso…both very good. We had dinner at a little Italian place very near Medusa Restaurant (can't remember the name but I will post it later) that was situated in a vacant lot next to the trailer park, and thoroughly enjoyed the stone oven cooked pizza while sitting in swings at the bar. We still plan to hit Sayulita Cafe and Ayelah's at some point, based on reviews on here. Having a wonderful trip here in every way…what a great little town!

9. Re: Best Restaurant for our 1st Night in Sayulita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita
Recent Conversations