We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Sayulita

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Sayulita

Hello,

Does anyone have a website or information for the Bus that goes from the PVR airport to Sayulita?

Thanks!!

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
632 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Sayulita

The information you need is at the bottom of the page here: sayulitalife.com/sayulitatransportation.htm

I've found that the last bus from the airport to Sayulita generally leaves about 8:00pm or so, some have said later, but I wouldn't count on anything later than that.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Sayulita

Great thank you! So, it doesnt leave any earlier? I will check that link! Thanks so much!

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
632 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Sayulita

Not sure about your comment. "Doesn't leave any earlier" than when?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Sayulita

Sorry I re-read your comment, I didnt understand it at first! But I got it!

Thanks for your information!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Sayulita

You walk out of the airport and turn left. Go over the road on the pedestrian overpass and down to the bus stop. There are people there and just ask when the next bus to Sayulita will be. It is every 10 or so minutes. Sayulita is written on the window. You can ask the driver, the guy who supervises the bus stops or other people waiting. Sayulita is the last stop so you don't have to worry about when to get off. It's about 2.50 pesos and takes about 45 minutes in rush hour. It drops you off and it's about a 5-10 minute walk to the main plaza in Sayulita. I love that trip. It always says to me "NOW you are on holidays!"

When you return to the airport to go home, there is a great eating place before you walk over the overpass back to the airport. It's called Trocones or something like that. It's great for a last meal. It's really busy, great food and friendly folks waiting the tables. That always says to me "time to go home but return soon!"

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Sayulita

wow, that was great help too!! Thanks so much!! I guess Im a bit nervous because Ive always just taken a cab but this seems like fun! Plus I think when we go its low season so it shouldnt be so busy!

Thanks!

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Sayulita

This bus runs every 20-80 minutes depending on time of day and the fare is 25 pesos per person.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
632 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to Sayulita

I've never had to wait up to 80 minutes for the bus. Perhaps 15-20 minutes at most. As for the bus being less crowded because it's the summer season, that's true to a point; however, most people who use the bus are locals, who use it year-round. All that being said, it's absolutely a wonderful way to arrive in Sayulita.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus to Sayulita

Hmm, it's curious because I've never had to wait as long as 80 minutes either but I've always caught an early morning bus when they run more frequently. According to the schedule, found at the link you posted above, the first bus following the 10:20 bus leaves at 11:40, a whopping 80 minutes, and the 12:20 bus is followed by a 1:40 bus. I do realize that those are the times for the buses leaving Sayulita but don't all of the buses that arrive also depart back to PV after a short wait?

It makes sense to me that there's not nearly as much demand midday, hence the less frequent buses, but as I said I've never traveled midday so I don't have any first hand experience with the wait times. Or perhaps the schedule is in error?

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus to Sayulita

Just a heads up. We did the bus trip to Sayulita from the Walmart in PV....which is pretty much the route you'll be on. If you have more than a backpack or small duffel...take a taxi. We had a suitcase that took up an entire seat. The bus got busy with people going to/from work/school. We felt bad our suitcase took a seat (no other place to put it) while people had to stand. We taxied back to PVR.

To save a few bucks, it was a bad idea....and inconsiderate.