We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool Advice in December

Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PRS
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pool Advice in December

We are planning a trip in late November/early December and have 2 wonderful villa options. Here is the conundrum...one has a heated pool, the other does not (I know....such monumental decisions! LOL) Any general advice ? Something to be concerned with or a non issue? We do plan on having a lot of pool time as our goal is to check out, enjoy the view and relax! Thanks.

Paul

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool Advice in December

It could be an issue depending on our night time low temps before your arrival and how much sun the pool receives during the day. I have a hard time getting in the pool if it's below 85 F whereas folks from the frozen north seem to tolerate temps around 80 F with no problem so it's a bit subjective. I would ask the owner what kind of temp you can expect and go from there.

Toronto
Level Contributor
190 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool Advice in December

It really is a tough call. We used to always get a place with a pool and would spend all of our time there but still go out for dinner, lunch ect. One day we decided to spend the day at the beach and rent chairs and now thats what we do all of the time. Its nice having someone serve you and there are always vendors walking by with great food ect. If you do choose the place with the pool one thing we found was they don't always get the sun when you want it so I would ask that question as well. One place we rented the pool was only in the sun in the morning and in the shade all afternoon. I'm sure you will have a great time no matter what villa you choose.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool Advice in December

Paul, If both of the villas were similar in price and other amenities, I'd choose the one with the heated pool when staying in the area in the winter.

I have a condo in Bucerias and the complex's pool is not heated. Even though the sun shines on it throughout the day, the water is still a bit too cool for me in the winter. However, it doesn't seem to bother kids at all and some adults just "grin and bear" that first splash into the water. When I go to the pool during the winter months, I usually just sunbathe on the deck and sometimes sit on the side of the pool and dangle my feet in the water to cool off.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
605 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool Advice in December

For the first few years, our pool wasn't heated, and none of our guests used it until April. Not good. Now it's heated in the winter months and everybody's happy. Our pool and pool terrace are partially-shaded, so we thought that was the problem, until we talked to friends of ours who have a pool in full sun all day long, and they were still not able to use the pool from about November to March. If using a pool is important to you, I would suggest going with the rental property with the heated pool. If all else is the same in terms of amenities, etc. then my feeling is you'll definitely appreciate it.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool Advice in December

Well, it turns out that ToesInSand and I were posting at the same time and we're in total agreement. LOL!

PRS
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool Advice in December

Very helpful everyone! Ironically, the more expensive villa is the one without the heated pool (and is located on the south side ...south of Playa de Los Muertos and the option with the heated pool is on the North side. I have a hunch that we will want the luxury of the warm water in the pool so I am veering towards that now as much as the seclusion of the south side villa appealed to us. Thanks all!

7. Re: Pool Advice in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 06:15