We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

San Rafael...
6 posts
Save Topic
Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

Any recommended restaurants, bars, etc. for a 40's solo male traveler?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
724 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

Tell us what you like to eat and what kind of people you like to socialize with and I'm sure you'll be flooded with responses.

San Rafael...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

I like Mexican food and am open to meeting other travelers and ex-pats

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
724 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

I see you've asked the same basic question earlier, so check out the replies there as well. For Mexican food, on a budget, there are so many fantastic taco stands, some during the day, some only at night, you could eat at a different one every day of the month. Like fish and seafood? Go to El Costeno on the beach. Great loncherias on Calle Revolucion north of the bridge, for good, filling, cheap lunches. El Bicho on Revolucion south of the bridge has very good, reasonably-priced food. These are just the "budget-friendly" ones that come to mind.

San Rafael...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

My question was about Sayulita's social scene. I'm sure there are plenty of good restaurants but I'm just wondering where to go to meet people

Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

You can meet people anywhere here, daily activities revolve around all types of outdoor activities in sun and surf with plenty of good food in between so just do the activities you enjoy and you can't help but meet like-minded people. Sayulita's a friendly place so any of the restaurants "Toesinsand" mentioned present a good opportunity to meet the folks at the next table, just strike up a conversation.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
292 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

I noticed that many places in Mexico do not have bars like in the US, mostly plastic tables and chairs for customers. I think that makes it more difficult to socialize with others.

I would reccomend Don Pedros. They have a nice bar, a great staff, and people show up there for sports on TV. I always have a great time there and meet other travelers.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
724 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

Check out the responses to your similar question from before, a few weeks ago. You should find lots of ideas there for places to go to meet like-minded people.

8. Re: Sayulita social scene for a solo traveller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 05:16