We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxxo ATM Alert

Chico, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Oxxo ATM Alert

The ATM in the OXXO in Sayulita has been compromised. I've been in Sayulita for six weeks, and used my debit card one time 4 weeks ago, withdrawing 2,000 pesos from the OXXO ATM. I found out today that my card has been blocked because someone in Korea attempted to charge $400 on it at an online store, shortly after my ATM withdrawal. There were no other customers in OXXO when I made my withdrawal.

Chico, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oxxo ATM Alert

I had problems in this store as well. Was charged for six bags of chips when I only had one.

When I went back the same day with my receipt and bag they said someone else would need to help me. The lady who overcharged me. They said one hour. I went back in one hour. They said one more hour. I went back but the lady who ripped me was busy and wouldn't see me.

Check your receipts here. No question an overcharge and no recompense.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oxxo ATM Alert

That is sad

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oxxo ATM Alert

And make sure you count your change right in front of the cashier before you leave, too. I don't know whether it's an issue at this specific OXXO, but short-changing customers is a time-honoured tradition at some of the OXXO's in the Vallarta area.

4. Re: Oxxo ATM Alert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:17