We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

Hi, I'm coming to Sayulita in January for a few days before going to stay in Puerto Vallarta. I am traveling solo and am on somewhat of a budget so I would like to save some money and take the bus from the airport to Sayulita and then back to Old Town Puerto Vallarta. From what I understand, I have to cross a bridge at the airport to get to the bus stop? Is it obvious where I should go to find the bus stop and how often do the buses come by?

Is there space for luggage on the bus? I'll be traveling with a backpacker's type pack that's about the same side as a carry on suitcase. If the bus is crowded or if there is no room would it be better to take a taxi? (how much would it cost?)

When returning to Puerto Vallarta does the bus go all the way to Old Town or should I get off at the airport and then take a taxi?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

As you exit the doors to the airport go to the left and you will see a pedestrian bridge. The bus stops right in front of the taco stand and I think they run about every 30 minutes. When I've taken the bus they haven't been too crowded, since you are just traveling with a backpack you shouldn't have a problem.

Coming back, you could get off at the airport and then wait for a "Centro" bus that will take you into Old Town. The city buses can be more crowded depending on the time of day.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
580 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

I just want to say the bus runs about every 15 minutes. You will catch it at the bottom of the ramp on the far side of the highway (opposite the airport). There are always people waiting for a bus there. Simply ask "Sayulita?" if you're unsure. Your bus will say SAYULITA (as well as other place names) on the front of the bus. The fare is $30 pesos.

If you wanted to take a taxi, you could negotiate with a taxi driver at the bus stop. You could probably get one to Sayulita for about $45-$50US, absolutely no more and perhaps a bit less. Have the name of your rental property and the street address with you so you can ask for directions once you get to Sayulita.

Have a great trip!

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
603 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

When returning to Vallarta you can stay on the bus all the way to Plaza Genovesa in the Hotel Zone, just tell the driver that you want to go to the last stop before he turns around. From there you can either take a city bus to get to old town or a taxi, the fare will be much less than it would have been from the airport area because you'll be that much closer.

seattle
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

If I cross the bridge and negotiate a taxi to Sayulita, how much should I expect to pay if they make a stop at the Mega complex to use the bank ATMs? Thanks.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
580 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

Will you be travelling alone? If so, I don't recommend doing that as you would be leaving all your luggage in the taxi. If you're with someone else, have that person wait in the car. Not sure what the extra cost might be to stop but perhaps another $5-$10US?

seattle
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

That is an excellent point. I will be with my wife so one of us will stay with our luggage. Thanks for your insight.

7. Re: Questions about the bus from PVR airport to Sayulita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 07:23