We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

DTW
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

We will be staying in Sayulita for two weeks and then one in Bucerias. I'm thinking I can get to Sayulita by bus from PV from what I've read, but after being settled in for a few days it might be nice to get a car for groceries and general exploring for some time.

Would Gecko really deliver a car to Sayulita in their standard price or should I look for someone in Sayulita? Who is recommended there?

Thanks

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

Almost bet there would be a charge to deliver a car to sayulita as they charge more to even pick up from south side of PV. Years ago I seen a national car rental office in sayulita but don't think it is there anymore. I would contact gecko soon and inquire. They are probably booked for the season. You could try Amigo rental in Bucerias also

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

I hear there is a National rental behind the OXO in Sayulita. We are thinking of it ourselves this week. I can report back if you haven't figured something out. Love the bus transport around here!

Alberta
Level Contributor
975 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

Sayulitalife.com/nationalcar

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

Thanks again Mindy2! We were debating taking a cab both ways vs renting a car. But we would also consider a quad/golf cat rental and take the back way? Is this a viable option? We ride quads at home and thought this might be fun also so we could check out any remote beaches along the way. Your knowledge is very much appreciated:)

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

What kind of exploring were you hoping to do? And you talk about a quad/golf car rental and taking the back way. To where?

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

Sorry, Sayulita to Punta de Mita. 23 miles according to the map. Too long for a hike but it looks like there would be some spots to explore if you had transportation (private beaches along the bay). I've been told to catch a bus there you need to go further down to Bucerias then back up to Punta de Mita? Could be old info. Just a day of minor exploring.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

The road from here to Punta de Mita isn't suitable for a quad or golf car. You would definitely need a car. There are some nice little beaches along the way, as well as between Punta de Mita and La Cruz. There is a bus a couple of times a day between Sayulita and Mita but I'm sorry I don't know how often or at what times.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

Thank you. I have also learned that is a busy road as well and not suitable. We will try that us route.

Alberta
Level Contributor
975 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

There is a place down from the Oxxo that rents golf carts. We rented ours from another fellow that rents golfcarts, however I can't find his info. As others have mentioned, you would need a car for what you'd like to do. We did some touring around in the gofcart just around Sayulita and such and to be honest, I prefer walking, but others in our group made good use of the cart. I will mention though that it is not cheap! It's probably cheaper to rent a car. I believe the cart we had was around $50/day, give or take but it was pretty sweet :)

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rental recommendation in Sayulita?

A car will be roughly that also when you add the daily insurances. Your best bet is walk around sayulita and use the buses head north up the coast and explore all those little towns or cab there for a days adventure.